Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need UEFI Password Removed from my Surface Pro 5 BIOS DUMP

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    Read earlier posts .Download both attachments,open both with with a hex editor and do a file compare,there is only one change to make.

The clue is AWORD
    what do you mean by AWORD please id like to educate my self so that i can help others to. i compare the one with pass with the other one. i only get hex character i dont see an AWORD. Please enlighthen me. Thanks!

Comment

Surface Pro 1796

Hi
      I have a Surface Pro 1796 (Gen.5). A bios password is set. I know the password but I can't change it. I can't change all the other options either, such as Security, Secure Boot, m TPM SMT etc..

It also says "some settings are managed by your organization"

Is it possible to flash the bios again so that I can use all options? Are there other solutions so that I can use the device to its full extent?

note the attachments.

Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Surface Pro 1796

Originally posted by t000 View Post
        Hi
        I have a Surface Pro 1796 (Gen.5). A bios password is set. I know the password but I can't change it. I can't change all the other options either, such as Security, Secure Boot, m TPM SMT etc..

It also says "some settings are managed by your organization"

Is it possible to flash the bios again so that I can use all options? Are there other solutions so that I can use the device to its full extent?

note the attachments.

Regards
        post the original bios ..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          post the original bios ..
          Where can I find instructions on how to save the bios?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by t000 View Post
            Where can I find instructions on how to save the bios?

Regards
            you need an SPI programmer ...
            you can find more videos on the internet >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hi, I have a Surface Pro 5 with a lost system password Can you help me to clear it?
                Cheers
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SiO2 View Post
                  Hi, I have a Surface Pro 5 with a lost system password Can you help me to clear it?
                  Cheers
                  Compare a locked and unlocked bios with a hex editor,there is only one thing to change.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

When I compare the two posted files in this thread on page 4, my compare tool finds a few scattered diffs and a huge block which is different. I can't figure out which diff is the significant one.

Comment

Originally posted by SiO2 View Post
                      When I compare the two posted files in this thread on page 4, my compare tool finds a few scattered diffs and a huge block which is different. I can't figure out which diff is the significant one.
                      Try
                      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Great, now I see the byte that matters Thanks, will try it!

Update: My Surface is alive again and running a recovery. Thanks a lot!!! You saved my day
                        Last edited by SiO2; 05-03-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Hi guys.
                          I get Surface 1796 with corrupted bios. Turn logo for few sec and shuts off. Does anyone have clean bios file for this model? A lot of files from this thread that I downloaded cannot open cause it says it's damaged file.

Thanks in advice.

Comment

Originally posted by alex3ple7 View Post
                            Hi guys.
                            I get Surface 1796 with corrupted bios. Turn logo for few sec and shuts off. Does anyone have clean bios file for this model? A lot of files from this thread that I downloaded cannot open cause it says it's damaged file.

Thanks in advice.
                            Post here your original bios file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                              Post here your original bios file.
                              here..
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-12-2023, 12:44 PM.

Comment

here..
                                Try
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-12-2023, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  Try
                                  I tried. Same thing,power for few sec and shut off. Drop to 0.03v and stay there. Should I try other bios or is something else here?

Comment

I tried. Same thing,power for few sec and shut off. Drop to 0.03v and stay there. Should I try other bios or is something else here?
                                    Any advice? another flash file,bios ic?

Comment

I flashed with some bios file i found on forum and finally laptop booted. But touchscreen and keyboard with trackpad not working and its also locked on BitLocker. So it was corrupted bios but dont know how to find and where clean good working bios file for this model. ANyone had some advice?

Comment

Hey guys. I just bought a second hand Surface Pro 5 and it works fine. I'm trying to get into the bios though to enable secure boot because when I boot it up, it shows a red bar on top with an unlock symbol. The bios/uefi however is secured with a password which I obviously don't know.

I've read through this particular forum topic as well as did research online but I'm still having a hard time trying to dump my bios. What do I have to do to dump the bios to a file?

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by djquickshouse@gmail.com View Post
                                          Hey guys. I just bought a second hand Surface Pro 5 and it works fine. I'm trying to get into the bios though to enable secure boot because when I boot it up, it shows a red bar on top with an unlock symbol. The bios/uefi however is secured with a password which I obviously don't know.

I've read through this particular forum topic as well as did research online but I'm still having a hard time trying to dump my bios. What do I have to do to dump the bios to a file?

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
                                          you will need an SPI programmer ... more information on the internet ...
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY

Comment

Working...
                                          X