Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little guidance in troubleshooting (Sceptre x322bv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little guidance in troubleshooting (Sceptre x322bv)

Hi all,

I have a 32in sceptre (x322bv) that died the other night. After some fussing with tech support they have decided to not be very helpful. So knowing its not like a can break it more I did a little researched on general tv repair and the issues with this particular model then pulled the back off and found a single board that seems to be the PSU and control board in one. This has kinda thrown me for a bit of a loop because all of the information i have found has told me to test voltages between the psu and control board. But with this being a single board as opposed to multiple boards connected with wires. Theres not really any clear place to prob and Im hesitant to randomly stab at 400+ volts

So after a little more research i found out that most people fix this model by replacing the entire board. So i found an exact match and ordered it. But then I read a post on here. That suggested checking the screen with a flash light to see if there was a picture at all. Sure enough there was. So clearly the back light isnt working.

My main questions are

1) could replacing the psu/control board fix a back light issue or is that just a wasted repair?

2) What would be a good next step in trouble shooting this? This is the first TV i have cracked up so being in such unfamiliar territory im just not sure what the next action should be

Thanks for the help guys

Re: A little guidance in troubleshooting (Sceptre x322bv)

There should be wires that go to the panels backlight, measure the voltage, If there is voltage (maybe around 100 volts?) on the plug I would suspect a bad led in the panel
    Post pictures so we don't have to guess

Comment

Re: A little guidance in troubleshooting (Sceptre x322bv)

Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-23-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X