Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX ONE Not Always Starting.

Good day.

I have a xbox one here that sometimes work and sometimes not.

I have checked the adapter it seems fine. Currently I'm using a ATX 500W to power the XBox which works fine when it starts up.

There is a weird electric sound coming from the board... I'm not sure yet which it is... Will report back when I find it. I did think it was a cap on Block F near the CPU/GPU. Swapped the cap with a similar one and still the same.

Nothing heats up apart from the CPU/GPU and the Phase circuit warms slightly.

Attached A photo.... It sounds like the sound maybe coming from either the RAM/VRAM chips (U9F5 Block F-9) or the controller in Block F.

Does any one have a schematic of these board?
    Attached Files
    while alive { live(toFullest=true) }

Re: XBOX ONE Not Always Starting.

I have a board with similar behaviour - all I can say is good luck, there are so few resources on the internet to help repair these, and I was never able to figure mine out. Apparently a lot of these sort of cases are southbridge-caused.

I would be tempted to check the HDD health first, and clean reset the software using OSU if you have not already done so. HDD issues can actually cause these to shut down. For example it seems if you mount a HDD on a PC, then transfer it back to the Xbox, it will turn off during startup unless safe mode is entered at least once.

XB1s aren't really my area though... I've repaired thousands of PS4s now but only two XB1s!
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X