This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all. Found this forum while looking for help on repairing my TV. Since then i've been obsessed with EE and repair in genral. I hope to have a long and helpful visit here.

Comment

Hi Good Am i'm From Philippines I'am Dan Carganilla
      i'm 30 years old when i was a child i'm fascinated with electronics. When i was on college i took a bachelor of science in computer technology. And i'm eager to learn new things i also love repairing gadgets. i hope you can teach me more and share to you my knowledge specially those who needed. nice to meet you all thank you.

Comment

Hi, i'm alberto from mexico city

i'm student of computing and i have wish of learn this is my passion, but today i have a problem with the computer of the teacher, but for luck i found this community.

For a pain, i find them and i hope to be able to be here and support if i have the knowledge

Comment

Hello,
          I was a tech worker (mask designer) who slaved away at Intel Corp. from 86 to 2003 before retiring.
          I'm here having just discovered a new resource for knowledge.
          For the last few years I've been trying to build a good tube based hifi system and in doing so I've had to learn to work on my own equipment. So I'm now starting to put together a lab which means fixing up old lab equipment. I'm hoping Badcaps might be a good resource for schematics, expertise etc. Anyway I'm glad to have found it.

Comment

Hello everyone !

Comment

Hi Guys!

Comment

Hello from down under!

Comment

Hello, My name is Joey and I am from Tucson, AZ. I fix automotive electronics for a living but I dabble with other electronic repair in my free time. Glad to be a part of this forum and I hope to be able to contribute as much as possible!!

Comment

Hello from Australia, I am new to all of this but will to learn.

Comment

Hi; my name is Sean. I like to think I'm generally pretty decent at fixing computers software-wise, but I'm interested in learning how to repair actual hardware if possible.

Comment

Hi guys. My name is RIFAT, I'm 38 years old. elektronik teknisyeniyim. I'm an electronic technician.

Comment

Soy Carlos vivo. Tengo 46 años. He sido soldador toda la vida , pero por desgracia me operaron de la columna y ya saben. En realidad me gusta aprender . siempre me a gustado la electrónica y como afición y me encanta. estoy estudiando reparaciones de portatiles y con todo lo que puedo aprender . Intento arreglar los dispositivos de cualquier amigos. Solo tengo un título de montaje de reparación y montaje de pc .pero nunca me quedado hay. No soy una persona que si no se hacer o comprobar lo arreglar ya les digo a los amigos que si puedo lo arreglo. Pero con tiempo.por mi situación actual. Bueno cuando pueda subir algo que no esté ya. . subiré

Comment

Hello from Danmark!

Comment

Hi All. Happy to find this forum. Hope I can learn a few things as well as maybe helping from time to time.

Comment

Merry Christmas! Wayne here, looking for advice on TV repair.

Comment

Hello from Ohio

Comment

Hello All

I decided to join this forum to learn more about motherboard repair. I look forward to learning from the experts here and hopefully learn to complete a few DIY repair projects.

Here is one cool fact about me. I own a rare OQO model 2+ (1.8GHz Atom) prototype UMPC. it works surprisingly well.

Hope you all had a Happy Holiday?

Regards
                                    eco8gator

Comment

hi all
                                      I am Rohidin from Indonesia.I am an electronics technician at the company
                                      I hope to learn a lot here and help others

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                        Well my names joseph I love the language of the ppl on this site who don't mind using their noodles rather then saying “it broken” they choose the road less traveled and roll up there sleeves and get to work not worrying about someone saying that it will void your Warranty

Comment

bonjours a tous et merci

Comment

Working...
                                          X