Sony XBR-65X930D 8 red blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-65X930D 8 red blinks

I've got a Sony XBR-65X930D in the shop with a 8 red blink code with no backlights, no video, no audio. When you press power a white light will briefly stay on (5 seconds) go out and then go into the 8 blink code. Not seeing any image with a flashlight, no Sony logo coming up. I have 5v to the USB but notice the optical turns on and off. 8 blink code says problem with AUDIO and to check IC406, PS401,PS402. I couldn't find a schematic and looked all over for these 3 components and could not find them. Voltages at connector CN900 are: Pin 1(white wire) 3.422
    2 0.00
    3 empty
    4 0.00
    5 0.00
    6 0.00
    7 0.00
    8 0.001
    9 empty
    10 23.97
    11 12.45
    12 0.00
    13 12.45
    14 empty
    15 0.002
    16 empty
    17 3.336
    Attached Files

Re: Sony XBR-65X930D 8 red blinks

Seems like all my voltages are fine but I never get a Sony splash screen, no backlights, no audio, no video. Here's some more pics. Most audio circuits are on the Main but this tv has a DPS board in between the led driver and the main board so I'm wondering where to look. Anybody got a schematic or a suggestion? to the Sony engineers.
    Attached Files

Comment

I tried a soft reset arrow up and power...nothing...just white standby comes on 5 seconds. I tried a hard reset pressed vol - and power,then plugged in, and only white standby comes on for 5 sec. I can't get to the green flashing or a software update orange. Not even a flicker of backlights
      Last edited by brucetv; 09-07-2019, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I checked the service manual for a XBR-**X850c with a GN1T chassis and a 8 blink error is Software error
        I guess this does'nt apply:
        Dear Valued BRAVIA® customers,

Some XBR-X930D series BRAVIA televisions may experience an issue where they will not power on due to a problem with the power supply circuit board. To address this issue, subject to the terms and conditions in the Limited Warranty that accompanied the Affected Models, we will repair your Affected Model, free of charge, through January 31, 2021.

Thank you for your support and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...ticles/S1Q0526
        Last edited by R_J; 09-08-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I saw that on their website when I went to download the latest software on a USB but I'm getting power fine. It's hard to believe a XBR using a brick style power supply like they do on some cheaper KDL series. I tried to force a usb software update but it just flashed on the usb drive and nothing came up or changed after waiting 3 hours. I'm wondering if it even loaded without a OSD. I've got 23.93DCV on each led driver board test point but I'm missing a boot up command. I'm stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by brucetv View Post
            Seems like all my voltages are fine but I never get a Sony splash screen, no backlights, no audio, no video..
            yours Sony Android.system i guess, if so then its MB issue and exact at Firmware.. it may had got updated and was not success or interrupted by power surge during the process.

the only one way you need the hard reset... but you need to keep pressing the - and power after you plug it on wall socket till you got green LED.. try it several time, don't give up this your only cheap way.. if it turn green but didn't help then we can communication with the set via terminal come pair. low level 3 V TTL interface

Comment

Just had a big vizio that had 5 second white led, screen looked good but was broken, couldn't tell til I found the only button on the set which was a lone power button hiding on the back, probably not your same issue tho.

Comment

Thanks Diah
                It is Android and I'm thinking you and RJ are right. Once I get the green flashing do I just insert the USB flash drive in at that point to install the newest version and see if I get results or do I need to do anything to make it identify the USB. Thanks guys for the help.

Comment

Thanks Diah
                  It is Android and I'm thinking you and RJ are right. Once I get the green flashing do I just insert the USB flash drive in at that point to install the newest version and see if I get results or do I need to do anything to make it identify the USB. Thanks guys for the help.
                  keep it on green and don't put any usb... it will write the firmware alone as it saved on nand,,,give time for it as much it need... it could reboot 2 time... just notice what you got and report here the result

Comment

I got it to go to a green and do see the optical flashing on the main board so I'll wait and see what happens and let you know. Thanks Diah. You definitely know your Sony's.

Comment

After I got it to go green I let it stay on in hopes for a rewrite and the white light stayed on so I checked in the morning and no video, no audio and plugged in a dvd and it didn't respond to it either. That was the first time I didn't get the 8 red blinks, and the fading white light after 5 seconds so I feel the green reset did help. I tried to reset by unplugging after about 5 minutes and turning it on and now it's back to the white 5 second fade syndrome. I really appreciate the help Diah.

Comment

download the last firmware update and put it on usb root .
                        plug the set out from wall socket while the white led stay on..
                        stick the USB at any USB port ver 2. only not v,3 (blue)
                        plug the set in and notice the usb led indicator if it flashing...
                        never plug the usb or turn off the set at least after 2 hours or after it restart and stay LED white on.

EDIT

actually after hard reset and the white LED stay on, there are some other methods to narrow the causes reason. such
                        1- connect the TV with LAN (Ethernet) then by log in at the shop / house router interface to check if the TV pick up IP address or not. in case yes write it down.
                        2- plug usb with media content jpg or movies or mp3 to see if there response and let the set wake up
                        3- press on RC power to check it goes to stand by state or not.
                        notice all of above only if white led stay stable on.

if all wasn't success then you have hardware issue. best way to start with disconnected MB from PSU and use methode force PSU to turn on and BL too
                        Last edited by Diah; 09-13-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Finally success. The key is to wait until you get the solid white to stay on before you insert your USB, then it identifies it and also gives you the on screen directions on updating via the USB. It will tell you when it's successful and ask you to remove the USB thumb drive with the newest version is installed. So with android if you get the 8 blinks unplug the Tv for 2 minutes then hold the vol - and power at same time and plug in and hold them until you see the white then green then release. Turn on the tv and see if you get a solid white to stay on. If you do unplug the tv. Insert the USB with newest version and plug tv in. If your usb is flashing it's downloading and you will notice on screen directions. It's a process but it works. I want to thank Diah and R J for steering me in the right direction. Diah, with Android do I need to go into the service menu to clear any error codes or just leave it alone?

Comment

happy for yours succeed..
                            i thunk you don't need to log in diagnostic mode ( not service menu ) to clear error... as i think this error will not registered there but you can try inter diagnostic mode and check.

Comment

Finally success. The key is to wait until you get the solid white to stay on before you insert your USB, then it identifies it and also gives you the on screen directions on updating via the USB. It will tell you when it's successful and ask you to remove the USB thumb drive with the newest version is installed. So with android if you get the 8 blinks unplug the Tv for 2 minutes then hold the vol - and power at same time and plug in and hold them until you see the white then green then release. Turn on the tv and see if you get a solid white to stay on. If you do unplug the tv. Insert the USB with newest version and plug tv in. If your usb is flashing it's downloading and you will notice on screen directions. It's a process but it works. I want to thank Diah and R J for steering me in the right direction. Diah, with Android do I need to go into the service menu to clear any error codes or just leave it alone?
                              Bruce, I know its been 2 years, and I hope everyone in this thread is safe(from COVID). I have the exact same issue with a 55" version. How long did you hold the Power and - key for to get the green/white light?? This TV is driving me nuts. Was about to toss, but a tv repair guy referred me to this forum.

Comment

I've got a Sony XBR-65X930D in the shop with a 8 red blink code with no backlights, no video, no audio. When you press power a white light will briefly stay on (5 seconds) go out and then go into the 8 blink code. Not seeing any image with a flashlight, no Sony logo coming up. I have 5v to the USB but notice the optical turns on and off. 8 blink code says problem with AUDIO and to check IC406, PS401,PS402. I couldn't find a schematic and looked all over for these 3 components and could not find them. Voltages at connector CN900 are: Pin 1(white wire) 3.422
                                2 0.00
                                3 empty
                                4 0.00
                                5 0.00
                                6 0.00
                                7 0.00
                                8 0.001
                                9 empty
                                10 23.97
                                11 12.45
                                12 0.00
                                13 12.45
                                14 empty
                                15 0.002
                                16 empty
                                17 3.336
                                schematics of sony new model is like Dream. here is a service manual , there is some hint and pcb layout.
                                WBR
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anmol View Post
                                  schematics of sony new model is like Dream. here is a service manual , there is some hint and pcb layout.
                                  WBR
                                  Anmol, I have this but the software part is not covered aside from service mode. The way Bruce explained it is exactly what I am getting. I have no display at all. I need to flash the latest firmware for both. I heard android is real picky on this part.

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

Isn't there any replacement main board? The Brucetv guide is almost clear , you keep pressed keys until white light stays on, then release right now keys and put the thumb drive, if update picture appears you're ok. If this doesn't work for your try different keys combinations.. in the truth i suggest you to try also with usb drive inserted before key combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                        Isn't there any replacement main board? The Brucetv guide is almost clear , you keep pressed keys until white light stays on, then release right now keys and put the thumb drive, if update picture appears you're ok. If this doesn't work for your try different keys combinations.. in the truth i suggest you to try also with usb drive inserted before key combination.
                                        Davi, Thank you. I tried Bruce's Guide and on 2 mainboards, same result, pressed the volume - and power. Light would come on but as long as I keep pressing, the TV seems to keep restarting. At once I held it down for 10 mins with same result. I also tried with USB plugged in before turning on and it ran for 2 days. Im just exhausting all options before I finally decide its time to retire the TV.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                        X