asus g751jy realtek RTL8111GUX not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asus g751jy realtek RTL8111GUX not detected

The motherboard was "fried" during the stormy day from lan port. The RTL8111GUX chip was heavy burned so i remove it. The motherboard would start but no picture...after help from Caspian i determined that the one logic chip was dead, and once i replace it and reinstalled correct vbios and bios chip the motherboard came to life.

Today everything is working except realtek RTL8111GUX lan chip...it is not recognised in device manager and when i wont to install drivers i got this message "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable" so i bought the second chip but still the same...
    When measuring the chip i can read on +3vsus lan 3v and on 1v lan net i read about 0,4 v. The chip is heating a lot...
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by myth77; 04-24-2019, 07:27 AM.

Re: asus g751jy realtek RTL8111GUX not detected

Check the 5 caps for short C3336,C3328,C3346,C3347,C3309
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

no short to the ground i even removed half of them...

Comment

So.... i even get the third realtek RTL8111GUX and installed it...no short...all voltages seems fine but realtek is not detected in device manager...Voltages:

I tried in bios..reset to default, enable network stack...but nothing
        Baordview attached. Any ideas?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-14-2019, 04:17 AM.

Comment

finally made it
          after i replaced 5 realtek ethernet chips (3 new, and 2 from donor boards) and 4 used x3301 from other boards....nothing... i was thinking to change pch or give up...Then i recieved the same motherboard (completely dead) so i used rtl8111gux and x3301 from that board...and finally ... it works... I dont understand why? i can not believe that i had 5 bad realtek ethernet chips...maybe its got something to do with the fact that it is same board and i used same x3301....but i dont know...
          Anyway...i report it here..maybe someone will have some use of this information in the future...
          Last edited by myth77; 09-13-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X