Samsung UN65MU6500FXZA won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN65MU6500FXZA won't turn on

I ended up getting down to the panel boards 3 green 1 blue and disconnecting the u cable one at a time and no change in the back light or lcd picture. I don't think the tv is coming out of standby mode. The red led blinks about every 30sec but it flash responds when pushed in all directions. So assuming it's in standby mode I tested the connection to the power supply.

Ana dim 45mv
    Od on off 3.397v
    Blu pwm. 43.7mv
    Power on off 3.366v
    Fail count. 3.345v
    All 13v. 12.72v

So main board? Eeprom? Is there a library of harvested eeproms?

Un65mu6500fxza fa01

Comment

try heating up the eeprom with a hairdryer, see if tv comes on if only for a while.

Comment

shop jimmy has eeprom available but you may have the usual bga failure from the main processor.

Comment

Tried hair dryer already. So buy and try eeprom. If not throw it in a toaster oven 400f and see what happens because whatever.

Comment

far out, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

What does the fail count voltage mean? The hair dryer maybe didn't get the chip hot enough as I wasn't directly targeting it. I will try hot air work station for heat.

Comment

Hopefully I can get an answer for this. I disconnected main board from power supply and backlight turns on, I also noticed that standby light works, I ordered a main board from ebay when I installed it there is no sign of standby light. Could this be a faulty board as well from ebay??

Comment

Originally posted by Rebornchild View Post
                  Hopefully I can get an answer for this. I disconnected main board from power supply and backlight turns on, I also noticed that standby light works, I ordered a main board from ebay when I installed it there is no sign of standby light. Could this be a faulty board as well from ebay??
                  Yes.

Comment

You can try swapping the eeprom from your original board into the eBay board. No standby light is 1 sign of bad eeprom on these “MU” series.

Unfortunately its a sign of bad power supply or bad mainboard also. lol.

But I have fixed a few of these with the same symptom by replacing that eeprom chip

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                      You can try swapping the eeprom from your original board into the eBay board.
                      This is if the software version of SPI Flash and eMMC is the same.

Comment

I got a new board from ebay and upon connecting noticed that lights came on but no image disconnected the flex ribbon from the blue board that the tv panel is attached to and I hot most of screen on, could I use the tape method or what do I need to replace on that blue board?

Comment

Sure, try taping.

Comment

Working...
                          X