HP Elitebook 840 G6 bios password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 840 G6 bios password

For the 32 Mega the tools RCUnlocker give me this message :wrong chip , try reading and unlocking 16MB chip

so i read 16MB..unlocked..but the lap not power on now !

Any help please..thank you
    Attached Files

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G6 bios password

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
    For the 32 Mega the tools RCUnlocker give me this message :wrong chip , try reading and unlocking 16MB chip

so i read 16MB..unlocked..but the lap not power on now !

Any help please..thank you
    Most probably you didn't program the chip correctly, or didn't solder it properly.
    Program 16MB chip only, or both if doesn't work. Use verification, be careful.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

HP 840 G6 bios pw

Need help with password removal. attached both dumps.
      Is it not possible with RCunlocker to do the dual bios .
      only 1 bios will drag into the unlocker successful.

Thanks
      (sorry for the double post)
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP 840 G6 bios pw

Originally posted by gtiphil View Post
        need help with password removal. Attached both dumps.
        Is it not possible with rcunlocker to do the dual bios .
        Only 1 bios will drag into the unlocker successful.

Thanks
        (sorry for the double post)
        feedback
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Bsolution, working now

Comment

please help me remove passwork. elitebook 840 g6
            thanks
            Attached Files
            ************************************************** ***********************************
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ************************************************** ***********************************

Comment

Originally posted by clrscr View Post
              please help me remove passwork. elitebook 840 g6
              thanks
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hi could anyone please help me to remove password from bios HP elitebook 840 G6, Bios chip winband 25Q256JVEN 1938 6923 3K500
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by swt View Post
                  Hi could anyone please help me to remove password from bios HP elitebook 840 G6, Bios chip winband 25Q256JVEN 1938 6923 3K500
                  the bios is incomplete ... it should have 32GB ... but the password is 16MB ..
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

hi, that could be possible as I used ch341 programmer and various version of application for this programmer and depending on the version it was different chip versions to select. I did not know which one I should use. However after some attempts to read bios chip and unlock it with RcUnlocker and unlocker I made my laptop not booting at all. It only blink capslock. Tried to restore bios with usb pen with bios formatted and Windows + V and Windows +B but was not lucky at all. Any suggestions how to restore bios now?

Comment

I know it is beating a dead horse, but always make at least three readings, all starting from scratch, will take about 5 additional minutes, but will save hours of headaches. SWT, do you still have your backup or original unmodified reading? Also, do not rely on a clip, best way is to actually desolder/solder chip. Reflow or solder manually each leg. I personally use a dab of white thermal paste, rubbed in and wiped with alcohol in order to make it easier to read the letters on the chip.
                      Last edited by Mazorca; 07-06-2022, 07:57 AM. Reason: further advice

Comment

I must confess I have visited guide section and have read it but not good enough. I also tried with de-soldering bios chip but it turned out I had wrong (different dimensions) programmer adapter. So I decided to not play more with opening laptop, un-mounting motherboard and de-soldering & soldering chip bu instead I bought first clip with which I failed to read anything then decided to buy 'chip probe\ line read' for wson8 which is probably not so good option too. But anyway I know I have to do it hard way now. So I wonder if there is standard bios bin file which I can download then modify if required and send to my chip to restore bios. If so could you please advice when I can get it and what is the procedure?

Comment

SOIC chips, the ones that have legs are easier to work with and can be easily desoldered/soldered with a bit of practice, don't forget to clean and re-tin pads. WSON, which your laptop apparently has (pads are under the chip) are way harder, some have little tiny resistors or caps the size of a flea or smaller surrounding them and can be easily shoved when soldering. I myself take those boards to a friend who works on iphone motherboards, takes him one minute or less to take out, about 15 minutes for me to reprogram and another minute to solder back. Assembling laptop usually takes longer. Suggestion: try to download the BIOS from HP website (sp140687) and make a USB recovery drive. I could not extract any BIOSes bins, the option does not show up.
                          This might be what you need, comes in with two sizes: https://www.ebay.com/itm/19392253016...4AAOSwzehgFXQy
                          Last edited by Mazorca; 07-06-2022, 03:55 PM. Reason: Further advice

Comment

Hi Mazorca,
                            I will buy this adapter but it will arrive probably someday next week. However it is not clear for my why should I prepare USB recovery drive. I've done it already with file you suggested and can see under HP/DEVFW/firmware.bin around 30 MB is this bin file. Should I flash directly to chip? Or you want me to try restore bios from USB drive?

Comment

The HP sp140687 should allow you to make the recovery flash drive on another computer. If it does not open, or crashes (on my dell laptop it crashes) go to C:/SWSetup/sp140687 folder and open HpFirmwareUpdRec64.exe. There is no option to copy the embedded bioses to the current laptop. :-(
                              Sorry I had not read everything correctly, try to boot with the flashdrive perhaps? I have never done this.
                              Last edited by Mazorca; 07-07-2022, 04:46 PM. Reason: further advice.

Comment

The thing is that I've already done bios recovery flash drive using this version of Bios and even older but I cannot trigger it to run with neither Windows+V or Windows+B. The Capslock led light constant and nothing else happens. I tried to flash using this probe cable bin files I backuped but none of them apparently work properly now... So I wonder if I can download somewhere good copy of Bios bin file and use it to flash it to chip?

Comment

hp elitebook 840 g6 computrace

Hello everyone!! can someone remove computrace? It is set on Active. Thank you very much!!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: hp elitebook 840 g6 computrace

Originally posted by ogre4273 View Post
                                    Hello everyone!! can someone remove computrace? It is set on Active. Thank you very much!!
                                    Try
                                    Attached Files

Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Re: hp elitebook 840 g6 computrace

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                      Try
                                      Thank you. I will definitely try this.

Just a question. If I updated my bios after dumping the bin file, can I flash it again on the 32mb chip? if so, do I need to flash the other outdated bios bin on the 16mb chip or I'll just let it be and focus on the 32mb one?

Comment

Only flash bios file (32MB)

Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                        X