VSX LX-55 no sound at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSX LX-55 no sound at all

Hi gents, I have bought a second hand VSX LX-55 AV amplifier from Pioneer and the blue light was flashing without display at first power on. After testing the switching power supply, I realized I could simply reset the amplifier: the display is back and all functions work well like Internet radio and stuff. The problem is the absolute lack of sound in any configuration. I've tried the many options and ended-up entering music via the CD inputs, no luck, desperately silent. I know these amplifiers have a TI DSP (D810K013BZKB4) and they often die bringing a typical error. But not here, no error at all. I could try to trace some of the signals this amplifier but I could not locate the service manual anywhere (for LX55 or VSX 2021). A gentleman kindly suggested this one (https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...vsx-lx55.shtml) but no luck, the service manuals are very light with no electrical schematics. If you have leads I could follow to fix this beast, I would appreciate. Thanks a lot.

Re: VSX LX-55 no sound at all

I have tried to find a data-sheet for the TI DSP D810K013BZKB4 but could not find any. If someone has a source for this technical document - so that I can at least probe some of its pins - I would appreciate. Thanks!

Comment

Re: VSX LX-55 no sound at all

Originally posted by Clunche View Post
      I have tried to find a data-sheet for the TI DSP D810K013BZKB4 but could not find any. If someone has a source for this technical document - so that I can at least probe some of its pins - I would appreciate. Thanks!
      You can find the pinout in almost every service manual for onkyo receivers between 2008 and 2012
      Those texas instruments ICs are faulty and have limited life. Once they start to fail, there is no permanent solution, but to replace the IC.

Comment

Working...
      X