Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transfer hardware from Yoga 2 Pro into another case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.
    As you can see my not so much used yoga wore off and these rubber pieces started to fell off the laptop.
    And this so frustrates me and my OCD I want to make it like it was before this,I can't use it like this.
    Can I somehow remake the rubber, maybe use liquid sillicone?
    Here in Bosnia I can't find anything other.
    I have spare chasis from same model but I suppose it's very difficult to transfer all hardware from my yoga to that casing,so I've been told by technician.
    So like 6 months the laptop was kept in a bag,earlier this morning when I took it out,I noticed that more pieces were falling off,like warms are eating this laptop,it's tearing apart by itself.

I never used to clean any of this pieces except the display with special liquid.
    One piece fell aparat immediately and I had to glue it up (marked in picture).
    I really love the convertible and screen on this laptop but this makes me so frustrated and don't know what to do to save this form tearing apart like crazy in future.
    I have spare used bottom chasis,but I'd need to bring laptop to It center to check if all the hardware can be transferred to separate bottom case.
    So can that be done?
    Can PC Technician transfer all the Hardware inside the chasis to the new bottom chasis,where this edge "rubber" is in better condition?
    I'd keep this screen but I have spare other screen too.

Hi guys.
    Since rubber protection around bottom case is falling apart,I just want to ask you if it's possible to transfer all the HW inside the chasis (MoBo+sound card+wifi chip+ssd+etc) to another bottom case?
    I can picture for you opened yoga 2 pro if you want to inspect.

Comment

Re: transfer hardware from Yoga 2 Pro into another case?

The link to your previous thread,with the pictures https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1052312
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes you can. Here`s the hardware maintenance manual https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...a86552fd0f.pdf

It has a list of FRU (field replaceable unit) parts

15VIUU3 Lower Case Orange 90204386

15VIUU3 Lower Case Grey 90204387

Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-19-2021, 06:01 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

ups sorry,I forgot I asked...you can delete thread...

Comment

Originally posted by paparazzo79 View Post
            Hi guys.
            Since rubber protection around bottom case is falling apart,I just want to ask you if it's possible to transfer all the HW inside the chasis (MoBo+sound card+wifi chip+ssd+etc) to another bottom case?
            I can picture for you opened yoga 2 pro if you want to inspect.
            Of course it's possible, what would be the problem? Motherboard is not welded to the case , I just did similar operation few days ago with Yoga 2 13 (broken hinge mounts - very bad design I think) so the job is pretty straightforward.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

ups sorry,I forgot I asked...you can delete thread...
              Ive merged both threads .

Comment

I have the spare chasis I purchased used .
                But the problem is when the guy did hinge repair on my working Yoga 2 Pro (the one with rubber issue) he glued the top left screw and I can not unscrew it.
                I can just break the bottom plastic cover.
                So it's not possible to get to motherboard,I dunno how could I...

Comment

Here is the screw.
                  Ofc those aren't genuine..
                  impossible to unscrew,probably repair technican glued it to the case
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is the screw.
                    Ofc those aren't genuine..
                    impossible to unscrew,probably repair technican glued it to the case
                    And your previous thread about this non removable screw..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96591

Comment

drill out the screw head as suggested, or use a dremmel/rotary tool with a small cutting disk

Comment

Hmm laptop works fine,but these leftover from rubber pieces makes me frustrated a lot,and makes my OCD worse.
                        What would you think about using black ducktape just to cover the missing pieces or each of the 2 edges all the way?
                        I hate to look at this notebook because of this.
                        Or maybe do some parts with 3D print and glue somehow dunno...
                        Last edited by paparazzo79; 09-10-2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Yoga 2 Pro tearing apart

Hi guys.
                          I asked on other forums and did get negative answer concerning tearing aparat of this like rubber substance from my Yoga Pro 2.
                          Now I can not find here liquid rubber or anything like that,I just bought clear strong glue.
                          I want to try to fill this holes where parts are missing (pics below).
                          How can I do that and what do I need?
                          Also as you can see as time go by more and more parts are falling apart.
                          I tried to glue on big part with strong glue did make a mess (pic below) but at least there is no hole.
                          There is this hole at the edge which bothers me too much (my OCD).
                          I wish somehow I could fill it because missing parts are gone.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Yoga 2 Pro tearing apart

Hi. I feel your pain and it is not OCD but a failure of Lenovo to use the proper rubber materials. At home, my Bose PC speaker touch dial has a sticky feel like someone poured syrup all over the unit (but of course we did not). After some google searches, found that I am not alone. Over time, the rubber indeed becomes sticky.

Contacted Bose to complain - 'sorry sir but it is out of warranty'. Nice excuse for garbage.

The rubber just decays over time and the glue will not help for your repair. Other parts will fall off over time.

My high end headphone - same - the sheep skin(?) soft foam thingies are decaying every day from gentle use. Apparently the factory sells new ear muffs to replace these.

<end of my rant - this forum is good therapy for venting >

Quick suggestion for your Yoga 2 Pro is to consider another unit as a donor for parts and to allow you to transfer over the guts from this unit. It is only a suggestion.

Or you can review one of the many shops on Aliexpress that may be able to supply a fresh casing for this model. Just ask in the chats.

Good luck !

Comment

Re: Yoga 2 Pro tearing apart

Actually I have second part (bottom one) but repair guy made a nice touch to this one.
                              In order to fix the broken hinge he soldered the screw on the back of plastic case to the MoBo.
                              So this laptop to open is no more.
                              What do you think about using black duck tape over all the edges?
                              I mean it sounds silly.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                drill out the screw head as suggested, or use a dremmel/rotary tool with a small cutting disk
                                Opening this piece of crap will revert me to hinge issue.
                                So for that matter it's better to leave it as it is.
                                The repair guy fixed hinge but the only way to close the laptop was obviously making some issue with the screw.

Comment

Working...
                                X