Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E153FPB Back Light problem

Originally posted by freakytiki4u
    What is the proper way to test the Transistors? I noticed they have 3 legs each. I tested with my Ohm meter and there are differences but I would like to know specifically what Im looking for and how to properly test to determine defective ones.
    Check this page.
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

What is the proper way to test the Transistors? I noticed they have 3 legs each. I tested with my Ohm meter and there are differences but I would like to know specifically what Im looking for and how to properly test to determine defective ones.
      Testing out of circuit with MM set on Diode Check
      Red probe on B and Black on C, Should read about 600
      Red probe on B and Black on E, Should read about 600

Testing for shorts between pins set MM to Buzzer and check
      B + C
      B + E
      C + E
      Probes both ways

Comment

Thank you for the info. I tested and found bad transistors. I ordered a few kits from Ebay and after repair the Monitor is working just fine. A friend gave me 2 more 19" monitors and I have also repaired them. I found several cold solder joints too and fixed those also. Thanks to all of you who helped and if I can ever do anything for you just ask. I will try my best.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I tested and found bad transistors. I ordered a few kits from Ebay and after repair the Monitor is working just fine. A friend gave me 2 more 19" monitors and I have also repaired them. I found several cold solder joints too and fixed those also. Thanks to all of you who helped and if I can ever do anything for you just ask. I will try my best.
          Congratulations!!!
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
            Congratulations!!!
            I second that. And for helping us, you can help all of the members & readers just posting your experiences. Your experience here might provide advice to new members, or not so new members that had not fixed this particular model. I guess that would be enough.
            There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
            • Windows 10 Pro x64
            • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I have just aquired an E153FPb which was showing a green light but no display. After reading this thread I tried the fuse PF751 and that has brought the backlights on. However there is no display. Enthused by moving a stage forward I did a bit more googling to see if I could find any similar experiences and came across the folowing:- http://www.elbase.ru/files/cd/monito.../BENQ%20FP531/ This is an index of Benq technical sheets, diagrams and fault finding flowchart for the Benq FP531. The E153FPb is based on the Benq FP531 (denoted by the b). There are some variations depending on the LCD manufacturer (eg. LG, AU) This may prove useful to anyone visiting here in the future. I am currently trying to source the components I need locally and if the thread is still running when I've got them I will leave an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy
                I have just aquired an E153FPb which was showing a green light but no display. After reading this thread I tried the fuse PF751 and that has brought the backlights on. However there is no display. Enthused by moving a stage forward I did a bit more googling to see if I could find any similar experiences and came across the folowing:- http://www.elbase.ru/files/cd/monito.../BENQ%20FP531/ This is an index of Benq technical sheets, diagrams and fault finding flowchart for the Benq FP531. The E153FPb is based on the Benq FP531 (denoted by the b). There are some variations depending on the LCD manufacturer (eg. LG, AU) This may prove useful to anyone visiting here in the future. I am currently trying to source the components I need locally and if the thread is still running when I've got them I will leave an update.
                Welcome Geordieboy
                Badcaps does not close Threads its always glad to recieve new Info at any time
                Look forward to your update
                bob

Comment

I have a Dell E173FPs. Symptoms: Green power light just flashes quickly. No picture at all. I found 2 swollen caps and replaced them, still same thing. Green light just flashes quickly. The Power and Inverter board is model # IP-35135A (photo attached.) Anyone have any ideas what may cause this? I am looking for cold solder joints in the meantime. I have found it a good idea to just go ahead and resolder the transformers anyway as cold solder joints are so common. Srry if this is considered hijacking the thread.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have a Dell E173FPs. Symptoms: Green power light just flashes quickly. No picture at all. I found 2 swollen caps and replaced them, still same thing. Green light just flashes quickly. The Power and Inverter board is model # IP-35135A (photo attached.) Anyone have any ideas what may cause this? I am looking for cold solder joints in the meantime. I have found it a good idea to just go ahead and resolder the transformers anyway as cold solder joints are so common. Srry if this is considered hijacking the thread.
                    Suspect shorted transistors in the inverter. A picture (larger if possible) of the bottom of the board will help us identify them. I'm curious, please post the picture even if you locate them yourself.

PlainBill
                    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Im having trouble uploading better pics due to size. Not sure how to make them the right size. lol

Comment

Im having trouble uploading better pics due to size. Not sure how to make them the right size. lol
                        I use Hamrick Software's Vueprint. (http://www.hamrick.com/upg.html) It makes cropping and reducing resolution of pictures easy. I'm sure there are other products that work as well or better; it's the one I'm familiar with.

PlainBill

Comment

I downlaoded the trial but it watermarks. lol, anyway I could email the pics to ya?

Comment

Try Fotosizer. You drop in an image, specify a new size either in percentage of the original or in pixels, and it resizes it either replacing your original or saving it to another place (or the same place with another name). It is what I sometimes use when I have to meet size (either in Kb or in pixel dimensions) reqs.
                            Eduardo
                            • Windows 10 Pro x64
                            • GeForce GT1050

Comment

will do, ty very much

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
                                Try Fotosizer. You drop in an image, specify a new size either in percentage of the original or in pixels, and it resizes it either replacing your original or saving it to another place (or the same place with another name). It is what I sometimes use when I have to meet size (either in Kb or in pixel dimensions) reqs.
                                Eduardo

Wow, ty, very very easy to use and free, cant ask for more than that! lol Pics are attached as you asked ofr.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, ty, very very easy to use and free, cant ask for more than that! lol Pics are attached as you asked ofr.
                                  I've edited the picture of the bottom of the power supply. The first step is to measure the output voltage. The red lead of your meter goes to the pins at the upper right I've circled in red, the black to the pins circled in black. This should be done with the power supply hooked to the logic board of the monitor. It may be easier to probe from the top.

I also circled two ICs in blue. If these were shorted it could cause the problem. What is the part number of the ICs?

PlainBill
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Voltages are solid 10 volts testing each pos with all 3 neg. Same 10 volts on all.

Numbers on IC's are the same. Each has 4501GM and S05034 (might be 505034, hard to tell they are so small)

Comment

I did not have the bulbs hooked up when testing voltage incase that makes a difference but it was hooked to the logic board.

Comment

Voltages are solid 10 volts testing each pos with all 3 neg. Same 10 volts on all.

Numbers on IC's are the same. Each has 4501GM and S05034 (might be 505034, hard to tell they are so small)
                                        10 volts is a problem. It should be 5 volts. If you were using an analog meter it might be on the wrong range (user error), but if it's a digital meter and set on the 20 volt range, that's an accurate reading. 10 volts may have fried the logic board. BIG trouble.

PlainBill

Comment

I checked again on 50 volt range with analog meter, still reading 10 volts, checked on 10 volt range reads maxed out, just a hair over 10 volts AC
                                          Last edited by freakytiki4u; 11-05-2009, 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                          X