No announcement yet.

ACER AL2017.....not working...Led comes on....with-flashlight can see image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER AL2017.....not working...Led comes on....with-flashlight can see image

frankNstein,
    I am gathering a list of items to order from digikey ........ I have the fuse on my list (btw....i do have 3 fuses.....i found a couple) are there any transistors you think i should order? Even if it turns out i dont need them i dont have a problem going ahead to order since i think they will be cheap.

Comment

frankNstein,

Regarding the Q202 (marking 14 transistor).

I found on the single resistor part number you sent me where the resistance could either be 10k or 22k nominal. SInce i am measuring a base to emitter resistance of ~ 21k............i should probably order

the
      DDTA124GUA

does this sound right to you?

Comment

frankNstein,

I looked at my Q201 and compared it to yours. I believe yours has the markings of "W2K" and mine has the markings of "K72". So they are different at least in the markings (see my enclosed pic of K72).

I will keep looking to see if i can find more information on the W2k and K72 devices. If i cant find them i may start a thread here on bad-caps to ask if anyone else knows what they are........i have had sucess with other people finding parts that i could not.

also, you mentioned you replaced your U200 device. Where did you buy it from? Was your U200 device defective?
        Attached Files

Comment

I bought the U200 from E Bay I had to buy a lot of 4 and would be glad to sell one to you however I don't think yours is defective, I think the problems we are having are in the circuit that drives the output transformer or possible the transformer itself. I will do some checking today on the K72 and see what I can find. Great idea on starting the new thread.

Comment

http://www.s-manuals.com/smd Is A place I found to help identify smd componets. Hope it helps. Al
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I had a little time this morning and found a replacement and the data sheet for the K72. I think it is about the same as the W2K but with a diode. I will try to do some more troubleshooting this weekend and probably order the replacement for my board. Here is the data sheet, hope this helps.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! That looks like the K72 part.

I am still searching (when i have the time) for the W2K part. I would like to find a datasheet or something to confirm exactly what it is so you can get the right part.

Comment

frankNstein,

I am about ready to place an order to digikey for some electrical parts......are there any parts you think i should order?

Comment

At this time I would say just the fused and I think it was Q202 if you want to change it, I think you will find it is OK. Good luck finding the W2K, I haven't had any luck so far.

Comment

Measure with multimeter devices Q201, Q204, and Q208.

Note: I have enclosed a picture to show where Q201, Q204 and Q208 are located on the board. I have also labeled each of the pads: 1,2 or 3

I have also included the datasheets for these devices.....at least what i know at the present time to be the data sheet for these devices.

Q201:
                      Resistances:Black, Red
                      1 to 2: Open
                      1 to 3: Starts at 7.6Kohm and then begins to increase
                      2 to 3: 1.37MegOhm

Resistances:Red,Black
                      1 to 2: 1.6Megohm
                      1 to 3: Starts at 5Kohm and then begins to increase
                      2 to 3: Open

Diode-checks: Black, Red
                      1 to 2: No beep no reading
                      1 to 3: 0.58V beep
                      2 to 3: 0.223V Beep

Diode-checks: Red, Black
                      1 to 2: Starts at 1.7V and increases No beep
                      1 to 3: Starts at 2.18V and goes to about 2.25V no beep
                      2 to 3: No beep no reading

Q204:

1 to 2: 4.72kohm
                      1 to 3: 0.884Kohm
                      2 to 3: 5.6Kohm

1 to 2: 4.72kohm
                      1 to 3: 0.883Kohm
                      2 to 3: 5.6Kohm

1 to 2: 1.6V No beep
                      1 to 3: 0.539V beep
                      2 to 3: 0.868V No Beep

1 to 2: 0.591 Beep
                      1 to 3: 1.7V No Beep
                      2 to 3: 1.73V no beep

Q208:

1 to 2: 1.63Meg ohm
                      1 to 3: 0.881Kohm
                      2 to 3: Open

1 to 2: open
                      1 to 3: 0.880Kohm
                      2 to 3: 1.63Meg ohm

1 to 2: 0.577V beep
                      1 to 3: 0.538V beep
                      2 to 3: No Beep, No reading

1 to 2: No Beep, No reading
                      1 to 3: 0.540 Beep........surprising that got beep both ways see above
                      2 to 3: 0.88V No Beep
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will do some more checking today.

Comment

Could you please check the resistance of Q204 again. Just from (1) to (3), R/B and B/R. I found that that transistor on my board has a resistance of about 450 in both directions, in circuit and out. I have ordered Q201, Q204 and Q208 for my board. I am quite sure that Q204 is the problem but I thought I would just order them all because of shipping cost. Some are on back order so I am not sure when I will receive them.

Comment

OKey, Im also busy for a long time with this power supply and also no luck for me. My Part No is 19M005 rev 00A. Does some of you have scematic diagram of it??? My FETswere broken, also Q201 and Q204 (and of course the caps) Replaced it, fuse gone and Q 201 and 4 also gone again.

Comment

Here you have a DAC-19M005 datasheet, I posted on the Fixing a DAC-19M005 Power Supply thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...217#post165217

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZHAGME6

Although 6 months later, FrakNstein and Welchs101, Did you fixed your boards finally?

Thanks
                              Last edited by blackrider1; 05-22-2011, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Well, finally I got it working. According to the DAC-19M005 datasheet, I decided to follow the line from 16,5 V to the backlights transformer (from F200 ahead), and replaced Q204 (it was burnt, as you can see in the first picture),Q201,Q203 and Q208 ( Q203 and Q208 were okay but I replaced them too).
                                And Q200,Q202 ,ZD200 (weird meassures when testing),Q207 and D216 (They were okay too).
                                And finally, not necccesary but I did it, Q209 and Q210.
                                And now, it´s working.

PS: I replaced for the first time all caps (2 bulged and others),Q205 and Q206and ,although they were okay, F200,R210 and R206, but didn´t still had backlights. I didn´t got any blown fuse, so my problem was different than yours, but finally I fixed it. You can see the pictures here:
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...143#post167143
                                post #94

Thanks
                                Last edited by blackrider1; 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X