Fortron FSP600-80GLC Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortron FSP600-80GLC Caps

Just got this in today for my next build, and wanted to get some other opinions on the caps in it. Not sure how long I want to run this thing with the caps it came with.

First, a pic:

Nearly all the caps in here are CapXon. Not a Teapo to be seen. However, there are two (possibly three) OST caps in the secondary side. This thing is going to get recapped at some point, but I'm trying to decide how soon I want to do it. So, I'm wondering what the general opinions of recent OST and CapXon caps are to help me figure out if I want to recap it now before I even power it up or risk doing it six months or a year from now with periodic internal inspections.

Re: Fortron FSP600-80GLC Caps

well i am running the new HEC psu with Capxon and Teapo at the moment on my main pc and i am installing xp on an Albatron board at the moment with G-Luxon for my new media pc. certainly no recap before power up but i will attend to it in the next few months. too much invested in these setups to postpone a $20 recap or whatever.

i guess the 3 years is no more. recap before a year to be safe now.....heh

whats with the ost in the new psus? are they taking the business from Teapo? are they the same ost in the seasonic already posted? i dont mind ost on like 370 mobos if they are only 1000uf and the major caps are good. certainly for vcore on the 478 and 775 asus boards no thanx. psus i have no idea
    Last edited by willawake; 01-05-2006, 03:42 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

The OST in this one are both 2200uf 16v that I can tell - there's a third one wrapped in heatshrink jammed up against that topmost heatsink, but I can't tell if that one's OST or CapXon.

One reason I'm thinking of recapping sooner rather than later is that the PSU has no PCI-E connectors - I have to break out the iron anyway to wire them to 12v4 where they should go.

I'm just trying to figure out why the secondary caps in this one are so small compared to my FSP530-60GNA - most are 1000uf 16v CapXon compared to the 6800uf Teapos in the 530W.

At least there are no Fuhjyyu that I can see

Comment

might as well do it all in one go and then forget about it. thats what i will do. who wants to be checking and worrying about things.

i have some Fuhjyyu in various psus. i will advise if i have some early fails. i would not be suprised if the problem is poor cooling.

Comment

Yeah, I need to order a few other caps anyway for the two CWT units around here with bad Fuhjyyus... might as well buy them all.

Debating about recapping the Aopen AK79G-Max too after three years of use, though the Lelons on it all look ok yet. The board uses all Lelon and Samsung caps.

Comment

still running lelons? that was what brought me into this game. thanx MSI. your friends will be smelling that you have badcaps before you realise. funny that they are still running though. you must have got the VIP batch.

Comment

The only Lelons on the board are 3300uf it looks like - 7 of them. The rest are Samsung. The board has not been entirely stable overclocking for the past 3 months - I suspect the Lelons are at fault. I used to be able to get my Barton 2500+ up to 2.4GHz, but it's been a long time since I could. CPU just gets too hot now for anything more than 2.3GHz.

The Aopen is running stock speeds until the upgrade is done, then I recap it, then it goes into my other rig

Comment

we have a few reports on samsung being crap also btw it is just not a common cap. i would be interested to learn how your recapping affects the overclock. i am also due to order caps soon so lets have a recap-orama

Comment

Unfortunately, all my extra cash is going into the upgrade so a cap order may take a month or two yet. The Lelons are likely as far as I'll go on this board though - except for overclocking stability, it's working as well as the day I bought it. I'd almost give my right arm for an ESR meter right about now.

You should see how low the 5v rail reads in software when I have it at 2.4GHz, 1.85v vcore - always makes me nervous. The board regulates CPU power from 5v - I've seen it hit as low as 4.4v in software. The Fortron 530W measures a steady 5.09v at all times

Comment

Working...
                  X