NEQ2 on SMD Transistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEQ2 on SMD Transistor

I'm new to SMD devices. I have recapped several boards with 100% success, but I'm new to the world of SMD.

I was given, meaning I kept it from the trash can, a nice SONY SDM-HS75P 17" flat computer monitor.
    It looks like it would have been a top of the line model. It has 1 bad SMD transistor that is leaking and swollen.

It has NEQ2 on the top.

What can you tell me about it?

Thanks

Re: NEQ2 on SMD Transistor

Hope this helps
    Attached Files

Comment

I believe that's a reset ic ASM809SEVRF-T This mfgr uses different markings
      Attached Files
      Last edited by R_J; 11-29-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I finally found the schematic for the Sony monitor and ID'd the device. I found 4 online and they should be here after Christmas. I'll try to post part of the schematic ID.
        Attached Files

Comment

The 4 resets finally arrived in January from Taiwan. the only place I could find the exact chip.
          I replaced the swollen reset but the problem still exist. Following the trouble shooting guide from the factory, the reset is bad or if good, check the Crystal, if that's good replace the main control chip.
          I cannot change the main board chip, it's too big.
          But today the matching crystals arrived in the mail. After I replace the crystal and the problem still exist I done.
          I'll save the boards as spare parts.
          I'll post the results in a few days.

Comment

Working...
          X