Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disconnecting internal tv speakers (HLT5675S) safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnecting internal tv speakers (HLT5675S) safe?

I have a samsung dlp with a bad audio processor. The boot beep cracks like hell even with the internal speaker set to off

I'm guessing they're 4 ohm, and might just be completely safe to disconnect them? Hook 4 ohm resistors in place or should it be fine without?

Most audio amps I've dealt with are...bigger. And I know having an amp without a speaker connected can be bad, possibly even blow it
    Last edited by Uranium-235; 02-16-2018, 12:03 AM.
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Re: Disconnecting internal tv speakers (HLT5675S) safe?

Most audio amps are safe to operate in an open load. You should have no problem, no need to replace the speakers with resistors. It is RF amplifiers that do not like being unloaded.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks

Hm and the audio out on the side has no popping. This SO sounded like a preamp issue because of how the sound would freeze, pop, unbuffer into the amp and pop again (bad memory chip?). But I also thought the Ntp-3000 chip with its stereo output to two caps I replaced also might have been the problem (I replaced the caps, not the chip)

Comment

This isn't the tube days of the 60's anymore. Power amps don't care if they are run open load these days.
        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Great. Brought it over. Audio out started clicking after an hour (my amp showed it had audio stable on the audio out for two hours last night). 4 hours later, blinking leds say bad fan(s). Both fans seem to be working full speed to me

Refuses to come on. I wonder if the mainboard just got worse.

There went $40 in new caps

Comment

well you certainly need to ensure any / all fans are working appropriately. Most units (projectors) have "multispeed" fans that run according to demand. what light output level were you using? IF any fan is none operational, then it is somewhat unlikely that the system will turn on... but there should also be some "led blinking" for an issue.

Comment

Even though the fans are turning you may be missing the tach pulse, check the solder connections on the plugs on the dmd board, and check the plug itself. sometimes the wires can be loose in the plug.

Comment

The lamp turns on for a moment, then led blink 1&3,which indicates a fan issue. Keep in mind before I wotked on it, it sat in a hot, then cold garage for 6 minths

The lamp fan does do some humming, but I never had a problem during testing. If they haven't thrown it away, I'll see about getting some fan oil into the bearings

Worse comes to worse, I saw a video of s guy disconnect the fan error wire from the dvd connector to the main board. Risky I know, but there is a temp sensor above the lamp to prevent a meltdown

http://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/42...675sx-xaa.html

Comment

The fan's are usually not that noisy, It could be the color wheel that you here that is humming. If you have a scope you can check and see if there is a tach pulse coming from the fan.
                  I have had to resolder those plugs before, the surface mount pins can become loose from the board.
                  Last edited by R_J; 02-19-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X