Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obtaining Replacement AC Adapter & Cord for Sony DVD Player

Hello!

I am trying to obtain a replacement AC power cord and accompanying adapter for a Sony DVP-S560D DVD Player. There are several identifying numbers on the existing cord: The cylindrical portion bears the name & number: TDK ZCAT2132-1130; The "gasket" portion bears two numbers: VM3073 and 282; and the yellow adapter which plugs into the power supply board bears the name: AMP.

Where or which types of online/retail stores might I obtain a replacement AC cord for this unit? Thank you for your assistance!
    Attached Files

Re: Obtaining Replacement AC Adapter & Cord for Sony DVD Player

The $ony part number is: 1-769-744-91 But I would check with some local shops etc. for a used one or just replace it with a regular power cord from something similar, make sure to connect it the same (line to line, neutral to neutral)
    You can cut half way through the strain relief part and remove it from the old cord, then use it around the new cord, the large ferrite bead can also be reused.
    As for the power supply board $0ny pt # 1-468-505-11 (adaptor) I doubt you will find one, and if you do it will cost more than the dvd player. what is wrong with that one?
    Last edited by R_J; 10-15-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

It looks like it had been abruptly ... terminated...
      Probably a scrapper getting the most copper from disposed-of electronics
      Makes me sad...

Comment

i give up mouse button said i dont post my thoughts previous .. same wire thickness check the fuse ...

Comment

Thank you all for the super prompt replies!

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          The $ony part number is: 1-769-744-91 But I would check with some local shops etc. for a used one or just replace it with a regular power cord from something similar, make sure to connect it the same (line to line, neutral to neutral)
          You can cut half way through the strain relief part and remove it from the old cord, then use it around the new cord, the large ferrite bead can also be reused.
          As for the power supply board $0ny pt # 1-468-505-11 (adaptor) I doubt you will find one, and if you do it will cost more than the dvd player. what is wrong with that one?
          Perhaps I didn't make myself clear regarding the Power Supply Board. I am not looking to replace it. I am in search of the AC cord with accompanying yellow plug bearing the name AMP for the reasons surmised by @eccerr0r....

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
          It looks like it had been abruptly ... terminated...
          Probably a scrapper getting the most copper from disposed-of electronics
          Makes me sad...
          This is exactly the situation. I found this DVD Player curbside awaiting electronic recycling pickup. Aside from the already severed AC cord, this unit may be a perfectly functional unit. But safety first is always paramount when dealing with high voltage AC.

Comment

disconnect the yellow plug so we can see the working end.

i would use what you have and join it to a new cable with heatshrink sleeve, or solder a new cable to the board though.

crimp plugs wont be cheap.
            first the contacts will probably be sold by the 100, and then the shells probably need to be purchased in 10's
            simply because they are worth so little individually.
            Last edited by stj; 10-16-2018, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giacomo Siffredi View Post
              Thank you all for the super prompt replies!

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear regarding the Power Supply Board. I am not looking to replace it. I am in search of the AC cord with accompanying yellow plug bearing the name AMP for the reasons surmised by @eccerr0r....
              from post #1
              I am trying to obtain a replacement AC power cord and accompanying adapter for a Sony DVP-S560D DVD Player
              I thought you were refering to the power supply as the adaptor. I see you were refering to the connector as the adaptor.

The first thing I would do is connect another ac cord, and try the unit. Just splice another cord onto whats left of the original cord and heatshrink or just tape the connections. If you find the dvd player is ok, then get a cord.

Or what you can do is remove the plug from the power supply board and solder the new cord direct to the board.

This unit is old and likely needs the optic block replaced.

Here you go Digikey A122766-ND (mfg # 178125-4)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by R_J; 10-16-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X