Samsung tv capacitor identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung tv capacitor identification

Hello all, I have a samsung un60d7000 which randomly clicking on and off. I was going to try replacing the capacitors to see if that helps before I dive into it any deeper. However the caps on the board do not have the ratings on them. All they say is B3C PETand B4C PET. Not sure if this a specific type of capacitor or not even a capacitor at all but I'm lost. Done a lot of research with no answers. I was really hoping someone here might know. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung tv capacitor identification

Look at the other side of them. They don't look to be bad, your fault is likely somewhere else.
    Check this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=un60d7000
    Last edited by R_J; 10-15-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I did look on the other side but no info there. I know they all look good but I don't have much for tools as far as testing goes other than a cheap multimeter and with it being such an intermittent issue it's hard to test with just voltages. I just figured I would try the caps first as I had that issue with a smaller tv a while ago, caps looked all good so I tried power supply and main board and it ended up being just $4 worth of capacitors that just looked good but weren't.

Comment

If you disconnect the plug between the main board and the power supply do you get the backlights to turn on? if you do, see if it stays on, Random turn on and off seems more like a main board issue.
        I just repaired a toshiba that was turning off and back on, It was poor connections on the main ic (poor bga connections)
        Are there any markings at all on the other side of them
        Last edited by R_J; 10-15-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Those are likely Samwha caps and the values ARE on the other side of them, The BC3 is likely a date code PET
          (Polyethylene terephthalate) is the sleeve material
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 10-15-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Sorry I guess Im I liar there are indeed ratings on the back, I just didn’t peel them off the board before and they just have them glued down perfectly so you cannot we any writing whatsoever without pulling them up. I tried disconnecting the cable to the main board but then it just does nothing at all. It’ll click when I unplug the tv with that cable disconnected but nothing while the tv is plugged in.

Comment

Samsung tech talk: Samsung D7000 series
              Attached Files
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi all, I know it's been forever but I've been trying to get this thing going in between my everyday life and have just recently gotten back to it. The tv went completely out shortly after my last post and could get it to do anything but click on and off. After doing my best of testing I decided it was most likely the power supply board. I ordered a replacement off ebay, it was originally from a different model tv. It was the same size tv and motherboard model numbers all match up perfectly but the motherboard is slightly different. Everything is working as of now with the new power supply in but I'm worried the differences in the motherboards will cause issues down the line. Everything is the same except for some capacitors. The are a few less capacitors on the new one and a couple smaller uf rated ones.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

It would be helpful if you posted a photo of the new power supply along with it's model number BN44....

Comment

Yes sorry here is a photo of the new power supply. The two smaller circles are placed where the original has another capacitor and this one does not. The larger two circled are larger 100uf capacitors on the original and these are 82uf. Model number is BN44-00425a
                    Attached Files

Comment

According to shopjimmy.com, it appears you have the correct power supply, but their photo also shows the capacitor in question.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...upply-unit.htm
                      Last edited by jetadm123; 11-19-2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Check the revision number on your old board vs your new board.
                        Last edited by jetadm123; 11-19-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Just checked the revision number. It's 1.2 on the old and 1.3 on the new. Is that more of an issue or possibly a good thing?

Comment

It's usually a good thing, since a new revision incorporates design changes that were causing problems with the previous version.

Comment

That's what I like to hear. Well been using it a couple days now with no issues. Looks like she did the trick. I'd like to thank you all for taking to time to answer my questions and help me out. Happy thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                              X