iMac 24 PSU LITEON PA-3241-02A1 250W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iMac 24 PSU LITEON PA-3241-02A1 250W

Ok so then this presents a stand still. This however is a 300W resister at 1ohm. A standard dimmer bulb from an old Chevy is .9 -1.1 ohm load. This even though its bulk is not much of a difference for load I would presume. it would function the same, as the resister gets hot just like the filament the Rt goes up with it. In this case the 300w resister will take much more amperage about 25 amps at 12 volts to meet its potential. that's just my opinion. Ok well if we are at a stand still I will then gather a 12 volt testing light around .9-1.1 ohm and we can start again tomorrow?

Comment

Yea my math is way off. OK Avg 12v car bulb is around half amp so that makes about 24ohm load not .9-1.1. Sorry for inconvenience. OK so tomorrow

Comment

Just use/get a small bulb. There is no need to overload this supply.

T
        veritas odium parit

Comment

Got a test bulb; however, when applying a load to the 12v side I got nota.
          Last edited by rwing; 07-28-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

SO since you have the Liteon version of this power supply is there any way you can test the pins and get the pinout for the power supply.. They are the same just different manufactures. The pins should be identical per they both power the same Logic Board.
            Last edited by rwing; 07-28-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Comment

Good grief! 5 minutes and an ohmmeter tells you what you need to know.

Not to mention the printing on the board

24V = see last line of post 50 -> EDIT: that's 5 positive(+) and 7 negative(-)

12V Output Ground - 12 pin molex - pins 1, 6, 7, 12
                12Vs (5A) = pin 2
                12Mm (15A) = pins 8, 9, 10

To turn on the 12V, 15A you need to use a 1kΩ resistor between Ground and pin 4.

If you get nothing on any output, then the startup circuit is indeed dead and needs to be repaired. Restating, I do not have this PSU in hand, so I can't guide you with any specifics.

T
                veritas odium parit

Comment

Thank you for the Pin out Sir. Yes the startup section of this psu is burnt. The pin out information you have provided me has now given me the opportunity to test my Logic board and prove that the board is still functional. I have modified an enterprise class power supply to power this logic board. I am typing from this mac logic board retrofit into an ATX Rack Mount Case running Debian 8.0 This system will now take another life with a different function.

P.S. any one need an Early 2009 Imac 24in Screen and Glass front cover. 75bucks for Toasty, 100 bucks for any one else.

Comment

Good. How about the PSU?
                    veritas odium parit

Comment

Its toast. beyond my want or needs at this point. I was thinking the Trash can would make a nice place for it. The switching circuit is dead from what I can tell. It will not turn on when I apply load to pin 4 from ground or any pins for that matter. This project machine will be a PfSense box for a production Web cluster and Cloud server so it will more than suite its needs.

Comment

Well, I need a cadaver for research so PM me a price.

T
                        veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                          Good grief! 5 minutes and an ohmmeter tells you what you need to know.

Not to mention the printing on the board

24V = see last line of post 50 -> EDIT: that's 5 positive(+) and 7 negative(-)

12V Output Ground - 12 pin molex - pins 1, 6, 7, 12
                          12Vs (5A) = pin 2
                          12Mm (15A) = pins 8, 9, 10

To turn on the 12V, 15A you need to use a 1kΩ resistor between Ground and pin 4.

If you get nothing on any output, then the startup circuit is indeed dead and needs to be repaired. Restating, I do not have this PSU in hand, so I can't guide you with any specifics.

T
                          Hi Toasty, first of all thanks for some great info!

Do you know what pins 3,5,11 do? Sense? Power? Safe to ignore?

-
                          Riley

Comment

For example, does one control 24v to the lcd?

Comment

Originally posted by bosscharles View Post
                              Put a really strong light on it and figured it out....

mosfet 060n03L
                              Package: PG-TO252-3
                              Cheap find on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOSFET-N-C...item3f265fcce0

Schematics here:
                              http://www.ic-on-line.cn/search.php?...03l&stype=part

Thoughts of whether or not this will work? Appears to be the only rough looking area on the PSU
                              Hi ¡¡ I´m new and I´m trying to diagnose a similar fail witn the same mtb, but I don´t find this mosfet, at least with this name. Where can I find it? In the back part of the mtb I can see to IC with this encapsulate

1.- 50N04-05L
                              2.- BUK9209-40L

Both have the same package but, what is the equivalent to the mofset 060N03LG?

And a question more if it's possible: where can I find the schematics of this board? I´m for the old school and I prefer start with the schematics.

Thanks¡

Comment

Compare the datasheets. Looks like one is a logic level MOSFET? You should be able to figure it out from there.

Schematics for a power supply? From Apple? Good luck.
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

The BUK9209-40L is a higher power version of the 060N03L.
                                  40V vs. 30V
                                  75A vs. 50A
                                  167W vs. 56W

T

Datasheets attached
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Toasty; 02-19-2017, 05:19 PM. Reason: Still learning to type..... :P
                                  veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                                    The BUK9209-40L is a higher power version of the 060N03L.
                                    40V vs. 30V
                                    75A vs. 50A
                                    167W vs. 56W

T

Datasheets attached
                                    Ok thanks ¡¡¡

News and updates about the LITEON IMAC 24 power supply:

First, I´ve seen the fuse, is broken, cut. In this case I´ve changed for a new one (not equal encapsulate) 5A and 250V... but died one more time.

I think the mtb has a shortcut but, how can I start? What do you think about a shortcut in this class of mtb? Maybe it´s a difficult question, and large but

A pictures of the mtb

I haven´t seen any fail...

Comment

Are you testing this on the bench, or are you testing it in the machine?

Did the fuse blow when you plugged it in or when you turned it on?

Looks like you used a glass body fuse...? Did it just open (overload), or did it blow violently and leave black and silver inside the glass (dead short)?

Check with an ohmmeter across the mains power leads to see if you have a short. One leg is Common (blue), the other is Hot (brown) and goes through the fuse. Use the Common and test on opposite (circuit) side of fuse. Remember to reverse the leads when testing as some defects show on the opposite polarity.

The "usual suspects" here are the bridge rectifier, switching triacs, or one or both of the mains caps.

T
                                      Last edited by Toasty; 02-21-2017, 08:28 AM.
                                      veritas odium parit

Comment

PS: Please don't quote unless necessary to show a point, especially the previous post or two. Just makes for a long thread and difficult reading.

T
                                        veritas odium parit

Comment

Hello,

Here for some help too. Same Imac, same PSU. Bought it with a not functioning PSU of which some parts were allready removed: c215 (470uF) and C214 (470uF), they were bulged. Then there was bridgerectifier D050 which was shorted defective between - and ~. Replaced those.

And still, it's not functioning. When i put on the mac, i see one led. Then led 234 are blinking after some seconds. The fan is moving a little bit, immediately stops and that's it.

I've taken a look at 50N04, possible allready replaced, but it seems ok. The BUK9209 also looks ok. I've tested the 50n04 and looks ok.

Anyone an idea what can be the part that's faulty?

I've heated all capacitors with a hairdryer.. No effect, so i dont think a capacitor is defective.
                                          Last edited by koektrommeltje; 02-24-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X