Sony KDL 40v5100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL 40v5100

Hey everyone! I have this set here and the symptom is, the set will shut down after about an hour or so, sometimes giving three blinks of the red standby LED. I know what the code is for three blinks, so I went into the service menu, and under diagnostics is an error under DC Alert, nothing else. I have checked extensively for cold solder joints, and for bad caps with an ESR meter. Nothing jumps out at me.

When the set is running all of the voltages are normal and well within tolerance. When it shuts down, all of the regulators are shut down as well, 12v, 15v, 3.3v stby. Makes it tricky to pin down the cause easily for sure.

I've yet to find any specific info on this specific model/common failures, etc. I downloaded the service manual, thanks to this forum, which I am looking at now. Does anyone have any pointers for me?

Re: Sony KDL 40v5100

Will the set switch back on immediately after it shuts down or does it need to cool down first. If so, perhaps you can use freezer spray to isolate the area on the circuit board that will allow it to switch on sooner.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
    X