Acer HN274H turning off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer HN274H turning off

This thing was supposedly turning off after couple minutes lately, well, it took over a day on my bench but still it does. It seems it goes completelly off after that time, no LED or anything. I have to remove power and plug it back, than it works again like nothing happened. I tried different 19V brick so the problem is not in this. Caps on LED driver measure OK. Any idea? Nothing seems to be bad hereā€¦
    Attached Files
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Acer HN274H turning off

looks to be a common failing there are a few posts on the net. Also problem with the on/off switch?
    When it goes off test at the socket of the brick is still outputting 19v. If not then the monitor has shorted it? and protection would switch it off.
    One intriguing fix was to power it with a 16v brick.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Re: Acer HN274H turning off

I though about it, I think I may be able to find some place where to leave it laying and running for a day and than measure if there is voltage. It's quite big and I have stuff virtually everywhere There is not enough room ever lol
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
      X