benq fp767 problem 17 inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: benq fp767 problem 17 inch

Anything I can see marked PF either has a jumper or nothing at all. BBT.
    Attached Files

Comment

On the first photo,just to the left of the 2 green caps.
      Malc

Comment

I desoldered the picofuse, with my multimeter set on 2000 I read 583, with it set on 200 I read 1, or open. BBT

Comment

Originally posted by badbowtie View Post
          sorry retiredcaps every site is different. by "crossposting" do you mean posting info in more than one place?
          Yes. The identical post showed up in another badcaps.net forum.

Your picofuse is bad. Before you replace the picofuse, you MUST (MANDATORY) resolder all the inverter transformer pins otherwise the picofuse will likely blow again.

The c5707 transistors and fu9024 fets may also be shorted out.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Are the c5705 transistors and fu9024 fets the ones with the heat sinks? There's slight discoloration on the board beneath them. I don't see these ID's marked anywhere on the board. All the transistors are marked with a Q and C for caps at least here in Canada. See pg 61 pic 0107. Also which are the inverter transformers? Sorry about the picture quality, cheap camera = cheap pics. BBT.

Comment

Green = inverter transformers.
              Red = c5707 -> the part number c5707 is written right on the chip
              Yellow = fu9024

Normally, we would reference PCB board designations, but your pictures are so poor, it is impossible to read them. If you look at post #12 from PlainBill, he might have listed all the board designations from his own personal notes.

Set your multimeter on 200 ohms. Any reading below 30 ohms suggests a shorted component.

The c5707 and fu9024 can be tested "in circuit". Just test every possible combination of pins for shorts. That is, measure the ohms between pin 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3.

If any of the components are bad, you can order "c5707 kits" on ebay for about $4 to $5 CDN.
              Attached Files
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
              X