Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Originally posted by Welchs101
    the monitor is a westinghouse L2046NV
    As I said, look at this thread
    I suggest you check it and see if the problem is not a shorted MOSFET. As that is the model of the LCD, you can continue there, here, or open a new thread.
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I liked your thread very much. In fact i did have bulging caps.....and i replaced them. In fact i replaced them ALL. Also, i replaced the mosfets....both of them. Still the fuse F200 "opens" up when i turn on the monitor. From your thread i started thinking it was the BIT3713 that may be causing the problem.

Comment

I liked your thread very much. In fact i did have bulging caps.....and i replaced them. In fact i replaced them ALL. Also, i replaced the mosfets....both of them. Still the fuse F200 "opens" up when i turn on the monitor. From your thread i started thinking it was the BIT3713 that may be causing the problem.
        Well, that gives a lot of info.
        Thanks for letting us know that we helped.
        Let me see my notes and I'll get back to you
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Hello,
          I have seven of these units all with the same symtoms, have done all that is suggested here and got one working great thank you!! but the others still need some work....after doing as suggested....I now have a power light blinking on and off and backlight flickers but never kicks on all the way. any suggestions would be apreciated...
          Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by bigedinphoenix
            Hello,
            I have seven of these units all with the same symtoms, have done all that is suggested here and got one working great thank you!! but the others still need some work....after doing as suggested....I now have a power light blinking on and off and backlight flickers but never kicks on all the way. any suggestions would be apreciated...
            Eddie
            Exactly, what did you do to the units already? Full Recap? MOSFET change?
            • Windows 10 Pro x64
            • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Eguevare,

Did you ever find any literature on the BIT3713? I have pins 7 and pin 13 at grnd. Not sure if pin 13 is supposed to be at ground.

Comment

Eguevare,

Did you ever find any literature on the BIT3713? I have pins 7 and pin 13 at grnd. Not sure if pin 13 is supposed to be at ground.
                Nop. Only in Russian, and I don't read it very well ...
                • Windows 10 Pro x64
                • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I think i found the datasheet for the bit3713...........how do i include it on here?

Comment

I think i found the datasheet for the bit3713...........how do i include it on here?
                    You need to copy the address bar at the top of the datasheet, then paste the address bar into your posting to this link
                    If you are unable to do that then post the part number on the datasheet, so that someone can find it and post it for you
                    Last edited by Bobdee; 03-29-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

No one that i know of has ever been able to find the datasheet for this part. Thats why i was trying to post it here.

The part is BIT3713.

Again, i have pins 7 and 13 at grnd. My question is should pin 13 be at grnd or is this a sign that the part is bad?

If part is bad ...............please can someone tell me where to buy an equivalent one?

David

Comment

No one that i know of has ever been able to find the datasheet for this part. Thats why i was trying to post it here.

The part is BIT3713.

Again, i have pins 7 and 13 at grnd. My question is should pin 13 be at grnd or is this a sign that the part is bad?

If part is bad ...............please can someone tell me where to buy an equivalent one?

David
                        David,

Would you look at that IC with a good magnifier. I have been unable to find a datasheet BIT3713. I did find one listing of a company that uses that prefix, here it is:

Beyond Innovation Technology Co., Ltd.

BI3101A
                        Bi3101A-DP
                        Bi3101A-SO
                        BI3102
                        BI3102-SO
                        BIT3105-SSO
                        BIT3106-SSO
                        BIT3107-SSO
                        BIT3193
                        BIT3193-SO

PlainBill
                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

The part is BIT3713.

David
                          Hello David
                          I meant the Part Number off the datasheet that you found,as this is usually diffrent to the one that you was searching with above, If that is the case then someone else can find it with the datasheet number, and post it for you.
                          If they are the same, can you print the manufactures name off the datasheet and any other useful info on it, that might be helpful for us to find it.
                          What you really need is someone to show you how to copy and paste.

This may help, just found it

http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html

bobdee
                          Last edited by Bobdee; 03-30-2009, 03:39 AM.

Comment

This may help lads

http://www.volkin.com/BIT3713-.html

bobdee

Comment

Plainbill,

Your right ......that is the the company name of the part in question. The only problem is when i have tried to contact the company i get no response.

Bobdee,
                              The "volkin" link you sent is nice but when you click on the pdf files nothing comes up.

I do have what i think is a pdf file that i think is the datasheet and i would like to share it somehow with you guys so you can look at it and tell me if pin13 should be at ground as well. I dont think it should .........which is why i have been trying to find a replacement but i cant. This part is hard to find a replacement for.

David

Comment

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...3713%26hl%3Den

David
                                Read post 4 of the link above , its seems to say to me that bit3193 is the one you want, datasheet below
                                http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...C/BIT3193.html

bobdee

Comment

Bobdee,

Thanks. I read post 4 from the link. It does seem to suggest that 3713 and 3193 are similar/equivalent. But i guess i need to now find out where i can get a 3193.

Thanks.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
                                    This may help lads

http://www.volkin.com/BIT3713-.html

bobdee
                                    Been there, done that. All of the links return 'No datasheet found'.

PlainBill
                                    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Bobdee,

Thanks. I read post 4 from the link. It does seem to suggest that 3713 and 3193 are similar/equivalent. But i guess i need to now find out where i can get a 3193.

Thanks.

David
                                      Heres a link
                                      http://www.bluestar-online.com/Searc...Search=bit3193

bobdee

Comment

ok....i just looked up somethings about the patent issue BITeK had and it appears that the 3193 was the part that had the problem.......maybe the 3713 was the replacement. Hard to tell from the translated document.

Does anyone have anyidea where to find a replacement part for either 3713 or 3193?

Trying to find replacement parts is getting reallly tough.

David

Comment

ok...Bobdee......just saw your link using bluestar. Are they are reputable company? I have never used them before.

Thanks! I will check it out.

david

Comment

Working...
                                          X