Help to repair Viewsonic vx2255wmb monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help to repair Viewsonic vx2255wmb monitor

I believe they are refering to the 2 transistors in red. They should be checked first for possible shorts and if one is bad, then both should be replaced.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
      I believe they are refering to the 2 transistors in red. They should be checked first for possible shorts and if one is bad, then both should be replaced.
      Thanks jetadm123! I'll check them out.. I can just respond to this thread if there are problems, or should I open a new thread.. Sorry i'm completely new here

Comment

Since this thread is so small, it's not going to hurt responding to it. However, be advised that companies like Viewsonic and Acer are notorious for using several different power boards for the same model monitor. As poor as the existing photos are, try comparing your power board to the photos. If yours looks different, it's a good time to open a new thread. Additionally, if the transistors check good, then it would be good to post some good clear photos of your board, so members can suggest components for you to test.

Comment

Hey alebar1..
          Please do not attempt to fix the transistors if you arent skilled with a solderingiron.. That thing was HARD to remove and replace.. You also would need 9973gh transistor(s).. They were hard to find as well.. But, before all that, make sure ur caps are good.. and follow the advice of these guys here.. They are awsome!!

Comment

Hey ok i might soun dlike a giant noob right now but...HOW DID YOU OPEN THE MONITOR!!!

i bought one and the power keeps cutting out but i cannot open the case!

please help me...great forums!

Comment

Originally posted by R1PL3y View Post
              Hey ok i might soun dlike a giant noob right now but...HOW DID YOU OPEN THE MONITOR!!!
              Pry it apart like this video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5Lh...eature=related
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thank you very much!!

much appreciated!

Comment

Thank you very much!!

much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X