X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo B460-"Unregistered Exception Handler"

Model: Lenovo B460
    MB:LA46 UMA mb(09922-1M)

Problem: The laptop turns on and screen displays "UNREGISTERED EXCEPTION HANDLER". It stucks at this stage-nothings works. I've removed Audio/Lan chip and flashed main bios with no result. In fact, I've never faced this problem and have no idea how to proceed or what's the reason for such a message.

Can it be 'coz of EC bios??

Your advise please

Re: Lenovo B460-"Unregistered Exception Handler"

This is a weird problem. EC reprogramming may solve it. But I think it is less probable. I guess it is due to a defective CPU, PCH, or Bios IC.
    can you enter the Bios page?
    As I searched the net, some people had the same problem on Dell laptops and Lenovo B460. but there was no solution.
    Last edited by caspian; 10-11-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

No, I cannot enter the bios page. It stucks with that message and nothing works. Will try ec bios if someone posts it as i've made a request for ec bios in bios section. Cpu and ram stick already tried with tested one's-so thats not the problem. Dont want to replace the pch unless sure about it. may be someone here has encountered the problem.

Comment

On the net, somebody said he replaced the HM55 PCH but nothing changed. A south Asian guy claimed he fixed the issue, but he did not mentioned the solution. He just mentioned the word "DC" in Post#9 in that website. maybe, he meant DC jack or a DC circuit such as CPU-core circuit.
        I quote his response here in their language: "dã fix dc chưa người ae"
        If you search this sentence, you will find their page.

Comment

I've seen that article in vinafix but no solution is mentioned. I still have no clue about the problem reasons. Dc jack is ruled out as the same information is displayed with battery only. Will try to probe vcore circuit. Thanks for your response caspian.

Comment

Hum… I actually have no idea what's going on but I'd vote for a bad PCH.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

It is a bad PCH.
              Some people mentioned that it can also happen when the audio chip fails since it is vital for the bios (beeps/interrupts and so on).
              Last edited by KvnTM; 10-13-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KvnTM View Post
                It is a bad PCH.
                Some people mentioned that it can also happen when the audio chip fails since it is vital for the bios (beeps/interrupts and so on).
                Audio/lan/card reader chip removed and have mentioned the same in my description. PCH i've not replaced yet as i'm still not sure about the fault's relation with pch.

Comment

Working...
                X