Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Screens Have You "Accidentally Cracked" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Many Screens Have You "Accidentally Cracked" ?

9v dc to the pcb.
    JVC videostar ones are anyway.

find a service manual for the unit.

Comment

In case anyone is interested in seeing a tiny CRT but not visit the video subforum (I don't really "monitor" that forum often myself, actually)
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1451870492

No I haven't cracked this one yet fortunately... that may actually make me sad...
      Last edited by eccerr0r; 01-04-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
        In case anyone is interested in seeing a tiny CRT but not visit the video subforum (I don't really "monitor" that forum often myself, actually)
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1451870492
        ^ Awwww. That is so cute!
        I see some older caps too (looks like a '95 vintage, with those small caps with date code stamps on their tops).
        Last edited by momaka; 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          ^ Awwww. That is so cute!
          I see some older caps too (looks like a '95 vintage, with those small caps with date code stamps on their tops).
          Hahaha
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Interesting, I didn't even notice the stamping on the tops IRL but they're clear in the macro photograph. Probably the thing I like most of my Canon P&S still camera, no other cameras can come "close" in macro mode.

Actually this camcorder also can focus pretty darn close but does not have the resolution. And has 8x zoom, handily beating the 3x in the Canon.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
              Just wandering people how many Crt, Lcd, Pdp or Oled screens have you cracked accidentally ? This could be when repairing the display or just pure harsh luck.

I can proudly say in all 322 Tvs I have repaired (so far) I have never accidentally cracked a single display Of course some that haven't been economically repairable have met the sole of my foot lol
              Three in 2 years. But I've also scratched a couple really bad by knocking things over while stripping others for parts. I disassemble the broken screen ones in the basement now though. It's when I have so many that I can't work that I start fucking them up. I have about 80 right now. You guys have created a monster!
              ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

This reminds me of the very soul jarring moment I was sitting on my bed doing school work, way back in the day, and got up, leaving my laptop on my bed, but then tripped over the chord. The laptop crashed to the floor and I fell right on it, stepping directly on the screen in the process, shattering the crystals. I cried so much when the dazed and confused moment faded and I realized what a really really crappy thing had happened. Even thinking of it now brings back such painful memories. Had to buy a new screen and replace it. Thankfully it worked with no other damage on the new screen install.

Comment

I've never cracked or broken a screen of any type.

Comment

Working...
                  X