Dented line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dented line

My out of warranty UA46D5500 46" Series 5 LED is having this dented line as shown below, any idea how to fix this?

Re: Dented line

That's a failed LCD panel.

CMO panel type too.. Maybe is has gate drivers on the side? Have to remote the plastic bezel to tell thou.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
      That's a failed LCD panel.

CMO panel type too.. Maybe is has gate drivers on the side? Have to remote the plastic bezel to tell thou.
      sorry noob here, do you think possible to fix it by replacing the gate drivers?

Comment

No these are part of the LCD panel itself. Not replaceable. If it's just one line in its not effecting anything else I would just leave it as it is as it is most likely going to get worse if you mess with it. Unless it goes out completely.

If it's bothering you and you want to try to repair it you would have to remove the plastic bezel around the LCD screen and take pictures of each side of the LCD panel.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
          No these are part of the LCD panel itself. Not replaceable. If it's just one line in its not effecting anything else I would just leave it as it is as it is most likely going to get worse if you mess with it. Unless it goes out completely.

If it's bothering you and you want to try to repair it you would have to remove the plastic bezel around the LCD screen and take pictures of each side of the LCD panel.
          Thanks for the prompt reply. Ok will just leave as it it.

Comment

Working...
          X