RJ11 UK vs EU question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJ11 UK vs EU question

Good day folks. Pretty straightforward issue I'm having here: someone gave me a cordless phone they brought from the UK and I can't get it to work here. I know for a fact the RJ11 phone jacks here use the middle two pins only, since all my phones work just fine like that, but this phone's got no tone and wouldn't ring like that, so the question is does the UK use a different pinout for RJ11 jacks ? Something like the outer two pins or something instead of the middle two ? The phone looks brand new so it SHOULD work.....if that's not it then, what could it be ? It's a BT btw...I can provide exact details if need be, but for now let's get the cable out of the way.
    Wattevah...

Re: RJ11 UK vs EU question

http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/technical_info.htm

Comment

So I SHOULD wire the center pins to the outer ones indeed.
      Wattevah...

Comment

Unfortunately no, it doesn't work. Pins 3-4 (middle ones) wired to 2-5 on the other side, so that's not it.
        Wattevah...

Comment

It's working now. I was correct about the inner wires going to the outer pins on the telephone end, but it wasn't crimped properly or wasn't inserted all the way at one end which made me think that wasn't it, but it was Solved.
          Wattevah...

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
            X