• Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN60D6420UFXZC Not turning on

What are the part numbers written on top of A, B, C, D & E
    Attached Files
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Dick - I managed to read all of them except for position D, the printing is very small and extremely difficult to highlight, perhaps with more magnification and a stronger light I can then make it out, at the moment I am not able to magnify further, as for the others the numbers are:

A) 17-18Z
      1141FG

B) 17-33Z
      1132CG

C) 17-33Z
      1132CG

D) ?

E) 17-18Z
      1141FG

Hope you can make something out of those numbers!
      Last edited by Wellington1; 10-24-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

A, E = 1.8V fixed output regulators
        B, C = 3.3V fixed output regulators
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

budm - worth checking the voltages on each IC? Read somewhere about how to do that, also, would any of them have something to do with the OD ON / OD LEVEL voltages? Still looking to find out what they should be.

Comment

You need to test all 3 pins, notes: the center pin is internally connect to the big tab which is the output pin.
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
              You need to test all 3 pins, notes: the center pin is internally connect to the big tab which is the output pin.
              Pin layouts
              Attached Files
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Two months later and I have yet to take things further with this tv, I guess having a Panasonic Plasma 50" from late 2012 has satisfied me enough, in fact knowing that the 60" Samsung will not really be able to match the black levels and overall image quality of the Panasonic will be a step back, still I do intend on getting it working and try to squeeze some further viewing time from it.

I have not tested those regulators on the main board yet, everything appears to point to it being the problem. I did plug in the tv after it sat for over a month and it definitely produces a perfectly stable screen with the two dialog boxes present, one being "HDMI 2 Input " and another long thin one saying " searching for input " or something similar, it has been a few days and I forget the exact words. There is not enough time to get a video signal from a dvd/blu ray player as I do not have cable. Don't these Samsung tvs normally show a logo initially when turned on?

Of course after about 30 seconds those boxes begin to scroll, them a bunch of very thin horizontal lines come up and also scroll rapidly then a click and the tv shuts off. As I have stated and not really heard much about is the fact that the tv does not respond to the remote and in fact turns on by itself.

Anyway, since the problem seems to the Main board I will be keeping on the lookout for a reasonably priced one, though 100 - 175.00 is the average on ebay. Is it really worthwhile checking those regulators?
                Last edited by Wellington1; 01-03-2018, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Looking at substitute main boards it looks as though I could use either of these:

BN94 - 05113A, C, D, E, or F.

The numbers on the actual main board on my tv are: BN97 - 06022C as well as BN41 - 01587E. I did notice that board number BN97 - 06033D has been associated with the substitute part number BN94 - 05115F. It is enough to give one a headache if you are not careful!

I found an F board for a much more reasonable price than any others , if I can use it I would give it a try and actually find out if this tv will once again function properly. Does anyone have the definitive answer?

Comment

I finally decided to check voltages on those main board regulators and got the following:

A) 1.79V / 3.29V
                    B) 3.3V / 5.3V
                    C) 3.2V / 5.3V
                    D) 1.18V / 3.29V
                    E) 1.79V / 3.29V

Also. I manage to read what appears to be R19183 / 12GGFDKD on the smallest regulator in position D, very difficult to accurately decipher.

For the heck of it I checked the two fuses immediately above the AC plug on the PS board, the horizontal one was 63V, vertical fuse read 54V, anything out of the ordinary there? Of course as the relay cycled the voltage would drop. I was using the 200V scale on the DMM.

Comment

Found a main board on Ebay for just under 50.00 shipped, a BN94-05113C that should be compatible, was from functioning set that had a cracked screen. I doubt I could have found one for less and hoping this does the trick.

I do not know what else I could have reasonably checked but sometimes one has to take a chance when the odds are it is the board causing the issues. I appreciate the help and advice I have received here, it definitely has been a learning experience!

If the tv finally works it would be great of course and will update for anyone interested, we all find satisfaction in not only saving a tv but being able to do so inexpensively, if this works I will not be out too much, certainly less than a fully functioning one would have gone for locally.

If anyone has any further suggestions they would be welcomed!
                      Last edited by Wellington1; 01-10-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Just to let anyone interested that the used replacement main board has fixed the problem, I guess I can keep the original as a souvenir - hopefully the tv will give me at least a year of use, guess I will find out. Thank you to those who offered their advice and knowledge, even in other threads where I was able to learn more.

Anyone have advice on removing streaks from the screen? I was using some proper cleaner and cloth but it appears to be quite difficult to completely remove, though I do not notice anything when the tv is on it looks clean and clear but when off and shining a light it is noticeable.

Comment

"Anyone have advice on removing streaks from the screen? I was using some proper cleaner and cloth but it appears to be quite difficult to completely remove, though I do not notice anything when the tv is on it looks clean and clear but when off and shining a light it is noticeable."

I have had good results with Ronsonal lighter fluid. NOTE AND DISCLAIMER>>>>> THIS IS FLAMMABLE>> DO NOT USE ON A LIVE SET<<

But it does evaporate fairly quickly and wont damage electronic parts once evaporated, I use it to remove handprint oil, crayon marks, and cooking grease if tv was near kitchen, then follow with windex or the like. I have used it with no problems on all the tv screens I own or have fixed. Its also good for removing tape or stickers that need to be re-used.
                          Last edited by MagicSmoke; 01-18-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I have another question - after changing settings in the menu to Movie and going through back light, contrast, brightness etc. to where I like it the set defaults back to "Dynamic" after about 30 minutes, my understanding is that the tv will go to what us termed "Shop Mode" and that I need to change it to "Home Mode". Does anyone know how this is accomplished with this set?

I saw the procedure for an LN series but not sure if it is the same. Thank you for any help with this!

Comment

Missed it somehow in the menu under plug and play and it was on store demo mode. We all have personal preferences and since I am use to viewing a front projector in a dark room I also watch the tv in the same setting - I found the back light at 6 and brightness at 30 still quite sufficient and hopefully the lower settings will also prolong led life.
                              Last edited by Wellington1; 01-19-2018, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X