• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung hd rear projection tv crt subtle wavy lines on displa

Rptvs

Comment

Any progress on this one? Just curious on the outcome.
      Kevin

Comment

No sorry.....im being told it could be capacitor interference but since all caps visually look good im stuck

There are many caps on the ps and input board......

The distortion is very random and gets worse and better throughout watching a tv show

Would like to fix but not sure which caps to pin point

Comment

If you have a scope that would help, if not try some heat to certain areas and see how it effects the lines.
          Try using component input (Y,Cb,Cr) and try different resolution ie:1080i and see if it effects the lines.
          Last edited by R_J; 01-18-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

the distortion is on all inputs ...doesnt even matter if video playing or not....

Dont have a scope nor do i even know how to use one anyways

Ill try heat one day see if it affects the distortion or not....what area should i concentrate on.....input board or power supply?

Comment

Dont have hd tuner"....so its not hd signal....its standard non hd resolution

Comment

What about a dvd player into the component inputs?
                I would try heating caps. around the power supply/deflection area first, the switching power supplies run at a high frequency so if the output is not filtered properly that high frequency wave will show up in the video. but which line, thats where the problem comes in.

Comment

will try when i get a chance....thanks rj

Comment

Typical symptom of bad convergence modules.

Most times these can be calibrated in service menu till totally failed.

Comment

This is not a convergence issue

Comment

Hi

Im sorry but i have little knowledge in tvs but i am pretty sure its not a convergence issue

Comment

I have had failed convergence chips go bad along with resistors and agree that this doesn’t appear to be a convergence issue. All three colors appear to be in align.
                          Kevin

Comment

Working...
                          X