Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Cap Brand? DELTEC ?

Deltec? Has anyone heard of these?

I'm just trying to replace existing caps out of a CRT, so they are quite big so I want to get the correct type.

The issue I'm having is I can't find any information on the series type / model number. I'm sure they're commonly known for the experienced, but I'm rather noob.

The cap series numbers I need info on are:

SG
    SU
    CE
    GE
    CE-GE
    CE-SU
    SUW-CE
    CE-FL
    RA

I also have quite a large number of unbranded caps. Some are black and marked JAPAN, while some others are just blue. Not sure if colour means anything for caps, like it does for resistors (brown=5% and blue=1% etc)

The rest of the caps are Samwha so I was able to get most of the data sheets. The next step will be trying to figure out what series I should replace them with (I think I will go with Panasonic).

Cheers.

Re: Weird Cap Brand? DELTEC ?

Other than as corporate colors, sort of, the colors of the sleeves don't mean a lot. Electrolytic capacitors are typically 20% tolerance. Many have the letter "M" on the sleeve, e.g. some Rubycon capacitors I see in front of me that have "680uF(M)". I'm not familiar with Deltec capacitors.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I thought [M] was Matsushita Panasonic ?

I realy hope someone can help me with these Deltecs. 70% are this brand and I'm not sure what to replace them with

Comment

It's a CRT monitor. it won't require any fancy capacitors, with very low esr and all that.

Blue capacitors were often 85c rated instead of 105c but it's not a rule, i'm sure some company somewhere used blue sleeve for all their capacitors regardless of temperature rating.
        I wouldn't worry too much about those as they're probably general purpose capacitors. Probably would think of using Panasonic FC , FK or Nichicon PW , HD, HE or Rubycon ZL / YX* or United chemi con lx* / ky* , whatever has average specifications and good life rating.

M is short for 20% tolerance. M in a square and with stylized endings on the legs (curved ends on the letter) is the logo for Matsushita (Panasonic)

EIA Tolerance Capacitor Marking Code

Letter Tolerance
        Z +80%, -20% - this is used with electrolytic capacitors where the minimum value is the major issue.
        M ±20%
        K ±10%
        J ±5%
        G ±2%
        F ±1%
        D ±0.5%
        C ±0.25%
        B ±0.1%
        Last edited by mariushm; 11-18-2017, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoroKoro View Post
          Deltec? Has anyone heard of these?

I'm just trying to replace existing caps out of a CRT, so they are quite big so I want to get the correct type.

The issue I'm having is I can't find any information on the series type / model number. I'm sure they're commonly known for the experienced, but I'm rather noob.

The cap series numbers I need info on are:

SG
          SU
          CE
          GE
          CE-GE
          CE-SU
          SUW-CE
          CE-FL
          RA

I also have quite a large number of unbranded caps. Some are black and marked JAPAN, while some others are just blue. Not sure if colour means anything for caps, like it does for resistors (brown=5% and blue=1% etc)

The rest of the caps are Samwha so I was able to get most of the data sheets. The next step will be trying to figure out what series I should replace them with (I think I will go with Panasonic).

Cheers.
          Ah yes deltec, i found craploads of those in several packages of radio shack electrolytic caps i bought, some were way off the scale, and esr was abysmal even tho it said low esr.. they had the same color as some Aishi caps, and the same on Jwco, and B.H. caps all crapola
          Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

Originally posted by KoroKoro View Post
            I thought [M] was Matsushita Panasonic ?
            ...(
            Yes, Matsushita Panasonic uses an "M" for their logo. However:

and

I could probably find examples from other brands very easily, but that should suffice to illustrate what I said above.
            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
            X