Vizio E420-A0 Horizontal Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E420-A0 Horizontal Lines

I turned on my TV the other day and the screen had these lines that were shifting up and down. I re-seated the cables from the main board to the panel and there was no change. Should I buy a new main board or is it the panel?
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio E420-A0 Horizontal Lines

remove one side of the ribbon cable from the tcon to the panel, while leaving the other side plugged in. Check the picture then do the same thing vice versa.

Comment

When I disconnect the top cable from the board the screen is half black and half white and I can see some lines in the black half but not the white half. With the bottom cable disconnected same half black half white but I see no lines in the black half
      Attached Files

Comment

Since you have no t-con I would say mainboard
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

try this trick:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
            Can someone explain why this works.
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              Don't know why it worked for him. But tried it and no help, guess it's time to order one unless there are any other suggestions?
              Last edited by De3rcr; 03-06-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Panel fault IMO.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by De3rcr View Post
                  Don't know why it worked for him. But tried it and no help, guess it's time to order one unless there are any other suggestions?

You will have to experiment with how many tracks you block with the tape and which tracks. It takes time but it often does work.
                  Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

It's a panel fault. This trick does work but not always... unfortunately...
                    as martino already mentioned you have to experiment on which and how many tracks to cover. I thought it was worth a shot...

Comment

Got around to playing with tape widths and so far I found the right tracks to cover and the picture looks fine. It worked, don't know why, but go figure. Will see how long it lasts

Comment

Good to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by De3rcr View Post
                          Got around to playing with tape widths and so far I found the right tracks to cover and the picture looks fine. It worked, don't know why, but go figure. Will see how long it lasts
                          Hi there, any chance you could share which tracks you covered? I'm afraid I just bought the same model and am having this issue. Thank you.

Comment

You might have a long wait, that post 3 years ago was his last, you just need to experiment with how many you cover, some only need to cover a few on one end.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-04-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              You might have a long wait, that post 3 years ago was his last, you just need to experiment with how many you cover, some only need to cover a few on one end.
                              No worries, thanks for the response. Was just checking in case I couldn't get it. Hopefully no one else needs the information, but if they do... left one, towards the right side with a very small piece of post it worked for me. Covered maybe 4-7 pins. Thanks so much for keeping this place up and going!

Comment

Nice work, thanks for feedback, I'm sure it will help someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X