microchip burned of motherboard IPISB-AB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

microchip burned of motherboard IPISB-AB

Hi everybody, I have a problem with an All-in-one computer motherboard yesterday I opened my Pavilion 20 and found something, some simple but sad, a single piece was burned I think due to a overcharged.
    The main problem to me is the microchip is half burned and only have the legend "44D7A" besides the schematic o diagram is not on web, I searched the motherboard model IPISB-AB and only founded some pictures.
    Some could help me whith!?
    Attached Files

Re: microchip burned of motherboard IPISB-AB

Judging by the apparent pinout, and the proximity to the power input, i'm willing to bet it's some P-channel MOSFET.

The "44D7A" is more likely "4407A", which would indicate it's one of these:

Before replacing it though, it would be best to try to track down WHY it failed - just replacing it might blow something (more), "downstream".
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Thanks a lot, this data is very usefull, I am going to replace it and check out all motherboard before turn on the laptop

Comment

After you remove it, check for shorts on both sides.
        Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Dont forget to check your power adapter too if its faulty or supplying over voltage or its short to burn the chip. As khron666 said, check all other possibilities before changing the chip to test.

Comment

can you share bios bin for this type sir?

my IPISB-AB has blank.

Comment

Originally posted by adam__7 View Post
              Hi everybody, I have a problem with an All-in-one computer motherboard yesterday I opened my Pavilion 20 and found something, some simple but sad, a single piece was burned I think due to a overcharged.
              The main problem to me is the microchip is half burned and only have the legend "44D7A" besides the schematic o diagram is not on web, I searched the motherboard model IPISB-AB and only founded some pictures.
              Some could help me whith!?
              4407A OK:novato:

Comment

That burned ic is 6679as

Comment

Working...
                X