Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 32AV555D - front panel does not work

Hi all.
    Toshiba 32AV555D when plug in to mains will turn himself on without pressing power on button and front panel buttons does not work, remote control as well. Only green led will lights up.
    Can you help to fix it?
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 32AV555D - front panel does not work

unplug that little front panel board from the main board and see if the problem persists. Maybe there is a stuck on button?

Comment

Without the front panel it is same. TV will powers up after plugin to mains.

Comment

can you reset or do a firmware to it? What happens if you unplug the main board from the PSU and plug it in? It probably has something to do with the main board, but what exactly, could be something corrupt in the flash, eeprom etc, could be a bad main IC, could be bad solder around the main IC. You are probably having less off a headache if you replace the main board.

Comment

How can I reset it? I dont have remote that comes with TV only universal one but not programmed. What if front panel is locked? Tried few codes but non of them works. I have a laptop bios flasher so i might be able to flash eeprom. Where can I get flash file from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Green View Post
            How can I reset it? I dont have remote that comes with TV only universal one but not programmed. What if front panel is locked? Tried few codes but non of them works. I have a laptop bios flasher so i might be able to flash eeprom. Where can I get flash file from?
            Empty the eeprom and you are good to go. Make sure you save the content if things go south.

Comment

Just removed chip 25DF321 from logic board and i looks like it is empty (dump file attached). Erased is put it back but no progress. TV power up and front panel not responding.
              Attached Files

Comment

Just removed chip 25DF321 from logic board and i looks like it is empty (dump file attached). Erased is put it back but no progress. TV power up and front panel not responding.

There should be something there. Make sure you read it correctly.

If you can't read it correctly you can't erase it correctly either.

Comment

That chip IC151 is definitely empty but on the other side of logic board there is another chip IC150 and it has content.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That chip IC151 is definitely empty but on the other side of logic board there is another chip IC150 and it has content.
                    Try erasing it and see if that works.

Comment

Erased but TV wont to turn on at all. Need full chip dump.
                      PCB PE0630 C28A000822A1 LCD Sharp

Comment

Erased but TV wont to turn on at all. Need full chip dump.
                        PCB PE0630 C28A000822A1 LCD Sharp
                        Reflash the chip with the content that you saved.

Comment

After flash back with saved content TV is back as it was in first place. Powers up and no front panel.

Comment

Got it working
                            Had to flash IC152 with eeprom IC152 ATMELH832 AT24C16.bin.
                            All files attached.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update and the files im sure it will help other people with repairs

Comment

glad to hear that you got it going!

Comment

Working...
                                X