PSP 1000 Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP 1000 Power Problem

Get 5 VDC where plug attaches, but no power light and no/low voltage at battery. I have yet to find a pin out for the battery, but there certainly isn't 5 VDC at the blades. Any thoughts as to where to start on this?

Re: PSP 1000 Power Problem

start with a search.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=psp1000+ba...kh=1&ia=videos

then try powering it from a different battery.

Comment

Thanks, I have done many searches and like the one you suggested there are no useful results to show which pins/blades are which. If you have a specific link that has that information it would be appreciated, but not finding that I have asked here for assistance from those who may know something.

I also don't know how the battery circuit is set up, but often devices will work without a battery and with power supply plugged in. Since I am not getting any lights with the supply plugged in, but am getting 5 VDC at the various points next to the plug I am assuming the connector is good, but that there is a problem with the circuit and would appreciate help by people who may have experience with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglecrest View Post
        I also don't know how the battery circuit is set up, but often devices will work without a battery and with power supply plugged in. Since I am not getting any lights with the supply plugged in, but am getting 5 VDC at the various points next to the plug I am assuming the connector is good, but that there is a problem with the circuit and would appreciate help by people who may have experience with this.
        No idea if a PSP1000 differs significantly from a PSP1001 but...

With AC adapter plugged in and battery present, power switch illuminates green LED located adjacent to that switch. Device boots to "set time/date" prompt.

With (charged) battery installed but AC adapter disconnected, same as above.

With battery removed, power indicator also lights -- but device boots to "Recovery Mode".

Make sure the "battery door" isn't broken.

Comment

Working...
        X