Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEB703 replacement

Hi All
    I had a nice accident with a naff old ECS board.I overclocked a tualatin 1.3Ghz to 1.73Ghz but i think the current strain was to much for the regs and a CEB703(30v 40A) let go in a puff of smoke.As the cpu amazingly still works can I upgrade the CEB703s on my other two boards to something beefier,say FDB7030L.(30v 100A)
    Thanks for any info
    Smiffy

Re: CEB703 replacement

I've replaced burnt mosfets on many boards - sometimes with better replacements. Not only the current rating but also Rds(on) matters - the smaller Rds(on), the cooler will the mosfet run.

Comment

Hi Rainbow
      Ta for advice
      RDs(on) on for the 703AL is 17 milli ohms at Vgs=10v and 30 milli ohms at Vgs 4.5v
      On the 7030 it is 7 milli ohm at Vgs 10v and 10 milli ohm at Vgs 5v
      Smiffy

Comment

If both are logic-level mosfets, then it should work fine.
        Once I used non-logic level mosfet as an replacement. It worked the board had power-up problems with some CPUs. So I replaced them with logic-level ones later and it worked fine then.

Comment

Hi Rainbow
          Yes it is Logic level.Having trouble sourcing it though so may have to look at something else.
          Smiffy

Comment

I take it you've also checked the caps? If you're going to dig into it, best to do the whole show.

Cheers.
            Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Hi
              HAve checked them all,no pops or bulges but have enough Panasonic FCs and Rubycon ZLs lying around to change them all anyway.Hoping STB80NF03L mosfets woould be ok.80 Amp with Rds(on)0.004 ohms but dont know if its logic level compatible.Smiffy

Comment

STMicroelectronics' datasheet calls it a "Low threshold drive" part.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Hiya PeteS
                  That should be ok then.Will heatsink them up.I can only conclude the originals cop it because the processor wants more amps that they can supply.
                  Smiffy

Comment

Working...
                  X