Pioneer VSX-531

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX-531

Does anyone have the Schematics diagram for Pioneer VSX-531???
    The HDMI LED starts to blink & this is the protective mode. I checked all the Transisors array on the power transistor board, all the transistor seems to be fine, but as soon as I plug the cable into CP403 socket, the HDMI starts to blink. This cable is coming out of the main board at the botton where the big caps are located & out there too I do not see any short. Without this cable attached the receiver works fine & the display & all modes works fine. means something short???

Re: Pioneer VSX-531

Have you checked the schematics of the previous models?
    I'm sure pioneer uses the same power amp board in previous models. Most likely you will find and the schematics of the smart parts ( the mainboard(s) ) but with some ICs missing.

Comment

This service manual might help
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-22-2020, 05:21 AM.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

CP403 supplies B+ and B- for the amp outputs. You likely have shorted output transistors in one or more channels. Check the voltage on each pin of CP402, they should be near 0 volts
        Last edited by R_J; 01-21-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          CP403 supplies B+ and B- for the amp outputs. You likely have shorted output transistors in one or more channels. Check the voltage on each pin of CP402, they should be near 0 volts
          Hm, you just made me download some VSX manuals... damn, when I first saw "pioneer" and "8kg" for a 5channel AVR I immediately thought - class D amp!
          The lightest AVR with similar output specs that I've seen was 12kilos... but damn.. accounting and marketing departments at their best!

Anyway... op, download the service manual from the link in the above posts and see how to enter the service mode. Try to see the recorded errors with disconnected CP403

Comment

Pioneer AVRs after 2015 are made by Onkyo and have equivalent models.

The service manual for TX-SR373 has references to the VSX-531 so I think the schematic for the amp is likely to be the same.

The TX-SR373 manual is available from ElektroTanya

Comment

Working...
            X