Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio D55un-E1, bad Q9100, C9100 & R9111, parts ordering questions

Originally posted by R_J View Post
    This schematic is not exact but seems close although the location numbers and values are different, but it might help.
    Thanks for posting the schematic R_J!

I plugged the PS in to AC voltage. I have 165V on pin 4 and 1.65v on pin 2. All the other pins show no voltage.

I see no damaged components off the gate of Q9101.

At this time, and without specific instructions on what to check and how to check it I've reached the top of my pay grade.
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

I would replace the ic (get a couple) It is likely damaged internally so it won't drive the mosfet.
      This type of ic usually has an internal startup cell which takes the voltage on pin4 and supplies a low current voltage to pin 7 vcc, this low current supply charges the external cap on the vcc pin and when it gets above a certain voltage (10~15v) the ic will drive the mosfet. A similar ic which has a datasheet is the SSC1S311A
      Last edited by R_J; 09-11-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudyOne72 View Post
        Followimg as I have the exact same issue and would love to know which resistor i correct
        The resistor I ordered: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...IQ8EgDhXKBc%3D is identical in appearance to the bad resistor I replaced, save for the black band at the end.

It looks like IC U9101 is bad on my board as well. Replacing the components I ordered did not restore the TV to operation.

Comment

I would replace the ic (get a couple) It is likely damaged internally so it won't drive the mosfet.
          This type of ic usually has an internal startup cell which takes the voltage on pin4 and supplies a low current voltage to pin 7 vcc, this low current supply charges the external cap on the vcc pin and when it gets above a certain voltage (10~15v) the ic will drive the mosfet. A similar ic which has a datasheet is the SSC1S311A
          R_J, do you have a source you trust for these? I see several from AliExpress but they are coming from Turkey or China. My first immediate concern is counterfeit components and my second is ordering with my credit card and that info getting stolen and/or misused.

On the other hand there are packs of 10 or more available for these at what seems a decent price and I see a re-sale/profit opportunity for the ones I don't use.

Comment

I haven't checked mine but either way, I'm thinking I need a couple

Comment

Just wondering if you have a source for these you trust?

Comment

I don't have a source, it looks like the only suppliers are from China, maybe someone else has ordered from a supplier that also caries this part.

Comment

I've bought from these in the past. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000843488182.html

Comment

I don't have a source, it looks like the only suppliers are from China, maybe someone else has ordered from a supplier that also caries this part.
                    Thanks R_J, I appreciate your help and knowledge. Maybe I'll wind up waiting for a good power supply in a busted TV. The busted part should be available, but with a good PS may take a while! Maybe someone knows a good reliable source?

Comment

So i was bored and went back to looking at this tv when I came across this..
                      Attached Files

Comment

@DXseekerMO any chane your looks the same?

Comment

@DXseekerMO any chane your looks the same?
                          Sorry I didn't reply to your previous message, it's exterior house and porch clean-up time in these parts lol.

Here's a pic of mine, it isn't blown out like yours but do note the discoloration in the same area.

EDIT/ADD: I didn't mean to add the picture of the antennas but I did design and build them for DTV DXing! lol I've received over-the-air TV to 539 miles with these.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by DXseekerMO; 09-28-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

So i was bored and went back to looking at this tv when I came across this..
                            That looks like the marking commonly seen on the main EEPROM on a PCB, either a dot of varnish or paint is used.

Remove it from the board and read it to verify if it is actually blown.

Comment

Now that you say that, I see it lol Well thatsgood news and bad lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X