Sharp TV Bad tab drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp TV Bad tab drivers?

I have done 40-50 of each (cut off tape & tab removal) and in my experience it's an either-or situation. Remove tabs or if there are none, do the tape trick.

Comment

sheesh!! I wonder if there are any of these sets with good innards... :-) I think the question still is, if one has side tabs, will the "cutoff tape" method work?

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I had gotten a warranty replacement on the tv so i just put this one in the basement once I got the knew one. Because there is a small risk to cutting the tabs and the lines were very skinny (at the time) I just left it.

I was going to start using it in the basement while exercising.. then I got rhabdo, spent time in the hospital and stopped exercising for a long while as mentioned.

Anyway.. so you're thinking the driver tab exacerbated the power flux and possibly shorted out the power board?
        Last edited by eaglei22; 02-16-2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

In my experience, it the tv came with tabs then the only fix is to remove them. If it is the type that does not have tabs then the tape cut off method is the only choice. Ive never been able to get the tape methid to work on a tv with tabs.

Comment

Ok, thanks Jjanssen7. If I had the space I would get some to operate on to save from landfill and give to poor friends and deserving relatives.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-17-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglei22 View Post
              Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I had gotten a warranty replacement on the tv so i just put this one in the basement once I got the knew one. Because there is a small risk to cutting the tabs and the lines were very skinny (at the time) I just left it.

I was going to start using it in the basement while exercising.. then I got rhabdo, spent time in the hospital and stopped exercising for a long while as mentioned.

Anyway.. so you're thinking the driver tab exacerbated the power flux and possibly shorted out the power board?
              noooo. it is unlikely that there is anything wrong with the power board... the error code is an indication that the system doesn't like some "level" associated with powering but doesn't actually mean that the power board is broken. This can only be confirm by checking the voltages though.

Comment

Yep, the side with the line is the side the tabs need removed from, many detailed threads on here for determining which side and tab removal procedure, remember just remove side tabs and only ONE side, the bad side.

Comment

Working...
                X