Nintendo Switch drains battery in 2 days when off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch drains battery in 2 days when off

Hi, I fixed a nintendo switch that was faulty replacing the M92T36 chip, since it had a short meassured in near capacitor.

After that the console works ok, but i find 2 problems, one I dont know it it is normal, the second problem I know is not normal.

BQ24193 charging chip heats a lot when charging, reaching near 70 degrees, with console open, with no disipation from the console chasis, so I dont know if it is normal. By the way, it charges ok, but would like to know if it should heat so much (meassured with a thermal camera and i can touch it because it burns)

The second problem is that if I turn it off, not standby, fully off, the battery drains alone in maybe 1 day, if I use the thermal camera again on it, I can see that the M92t36 chip heats a little, maybe 10ÂșC more than the rest of the console, no other hot spots found, that chip maybe reachs 25 or 30 degrees when the rest of the console is at 15 degrees.

What could it be? maybe any resistance or capacitor "shorted" in some way??? A bad M92t chip?

If I leave the battery alone, disconnected, it doesnt drains and when fully asembled, the battery seems to hold playing time, but it drains at night fully off.

Thanks a lot for any help

Re: Nintendo Switch drains battery in 2 days when off

I have a switch that has the same issue that I haven't gotten around to looking at. Back when I was doing digging on the top of repairing these things, one user who was pretty good at fixing them mentioned a fuel gauge IC that would go bad and possibly cause issue with the battery draining. I don't really have any more info than that but hopefully it gives you something to look into. A quick Google search says it's the MAX17050 chip.

Comment

Hi, thanks a lot, in these days ill look about it and ill try to replace the battery with my bench supply, so I can see the miliamps it takes when turned off now and after cleaning or removing that MAX, thanks a lot again, will post my findings

Comment

I have the same issue with my repaired Switch. Exact same, overheating when in sleep mode and battery drainning overnight.
        Mine had a damaged M92T36 and woulnd't charge, when it was repaired they didnt change the IC but some capacitor.
        Did you manage to solve the problem?

Comment

Hi, not yet, it is sitting in the shelf for next week or so, ill post if I find something new

Comment

Working...
          X