Harman Kardon AVR130 - Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harman Kardon AVR130 - Issues

Hello i have a HK - AVR130 with the following problem: Its stuck in standby and won't turn on. I have checked some resistors and can't find visual damaged capacitors, i have no idea where the signal goes to when you hit the standby button (it should turn on and show blue lights) wich cable or where it ends to measure it. the 5 resistors i checked should be 0.47ohm and they are around 0.43ohm and 0.51ohm (think that means they are not broken)

Also ive checked pin 1 and pin 8, they should have 5 volts, however pin 1 gives back 0.461v? << don't think thats correct (not sure how to read that value) pin 8 gives me 05.02v (i believe this is correct?)

Ive seen more HK's on this forum but not exactly with this problem. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Help is much appreciated!

PS. Ive attached photos of several components with text to explain what i did.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by revelations; 01-30-2018, 02:49 PM.

Re: Harman Kardon AVR130 - Issues

Do you have the service manual? pin 1 & pin 8 of which plug, There should be a plug like that with +8.5 volts on pin 6 that supplies the +5 volt regulator ic. If it is missing check for open R106 or R107 on cup11581-5 board
    Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Do you have the service manual? pin 1 & pin 8 of which plug
      Its the second photo, and yes here is the service manual

Harman Kardon AVR130 Service Manual

Comment

I looked at the second photo and I can't see the plug number? is it cn81, bn96, cn98
        I'm guessing you are missing +8.5 volts
        Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I looked at the second photo and I can't see the plug number? is it cn81, bn96, cn98
          I'm guessing you are missing +8.5 volts
          Ah it's a bit hard to read so here's a photo:
          Attached Files

Comment

looks like cn96, so do you have 8.5 volts on pin 6?

Comment

I am checking I don't have 8.5volts on pin six if I measurred correctly the most I get is 2 volts, see photo

However if I meassure R104, R105, R106 and R107 they give the same value between 0.43ohm and 0.48ohm
              Attached Files

Comment

you won't get the +5 volts on pin 1 unless the amp is turned on, which means relay RY94 needs to be turned on, Do you have +12 volts on the relay coil pin3
                Have you tried a processor reset
                Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

you won't get the +5 volts on pin 1 unless the amp is turned on, which means relay RY94 needs to be turned on, Do you have +12 volts on the relay coil pin3
                  Have you tried a processor reset
                  Where can I find that pin? Or do I need to take out the Main pcd since it's on there?

Yeah ive hold down the tone mode button for a few sec, but nothing happenend
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by revelations; 01-30-2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Think I can reach it from here, not sure wich one is the third pin
                    Attached Files

Comment

On the Main amp board there is the standby transformer T902, it supplies +12 volts to the relay. It is located near the large caps. Locate D901 It's cathode should have 12 volts. Q901 is the transistor that activates the relay, it requires .7 volts on its base to turn on, that .7 signal voltage comes from the front panel "POWER_H"

The 12 volts will be on the coil, those are the pins directly in line (left side of relay in picture), check both pins if you can
                      Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

D901 if I have the right cathode measures 15volt left side (silver colored side) the right side 7volts (black side)

Same for the pin under the Transformator left side back is 7volts and left side front hardly anything
                        Attached Files

Comment

+15 is fine, the anode side is a/c. I guess you could check if the POWER_H line on the front panel plug, BN80 (pin4) has anything on it. It should have .7 volts, also check the voltage on pin 5 PROTECT_IN, it should be low, close to 0 volts
                          Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Hopefully I got the right one, but it looked right. So ive measurred all pins and the 4th pin is at 0.006v but it goes from 0.006 to 0.020 and 0.043 and then lowers again not sure what that means? I've attached a photo with the pin voltages
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by revelations; 01-30-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

That seems to be BN15, BN80 is at the other side of the front board, layout is on (page 26) schematic is on (page 110)of the manual. BN80 has 11 pins (pin1 is toward the center of the board, pin 11 near the edge)
                              Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

That seems to be BN15, BN80 is at the other side of the front board (page 26) of the manual shows the front board layout
                                oh oh i see, i was looking from the back i guess i should have horizontally flipped it in my head haha.

ill measure the right one, will let you know the result very much appreciated the help!

Comment

That seems to be BN15, BN80 is at the other side of the front board, layout is on (page 26) schematic is on (page 110)of the manual. BN80 has 11 pins (pin1 is toward the center of the board, pin 11 near the edge)
                                  So i tried to measure the corrects pins the results are a bit unclear.. often its not a stable voltage. Please see the photo, hopefully that makes it a bit more clear about what is happening

PIN 4 from the right side goes from 0.020 to 0.125v and i'm not sure what to make of that.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by revelations; 01-31-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I tried it again from the center pin 1 to pin 11, pin gives me a value between 0.004v and 0.008v. Same happens with pin 5

EDIT: ive followed the small cable and did a test at the end wich shows that PIN4 has 0.006v and PIN5 has 0.000/0.002v. So I think those pins are correct? See attached photos
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by revelations; 01-31-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

So it does'nt look like the power on signal is coming from the front panel to turn on the relay. so is the power button sending the power on command to the front panel,
                                      I guess check BN88 pin 4 and see if the voltage changes on it when the power button is pressed. ther should be voltage on that pin and when power is pressed it should go to zero. (connector is near BN15)
                                      at the top of that front board, ther should be BN81, pin 6 should have +5 volts, also check pin8 (reset) see what voltage it has on it
                                      Then check the voltage on L702, then on D761 (all in the area of BN81) thats the supply to the main micro
                                      Last edited by R_J; 01-31-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Alright BN88 PIN4 changes voltage when pressing they go to zero (see photo) BN81 PIN6 has 5voltage and PIN8 (reset) has 5 voltage aswel.

L702 Has 5 voltage, D761 has around 5volt bit lower
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by revelations; 01-31-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X