philips 32hf7875/10 blocked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philips 32hf7875/10 blocked?

Bought this TV cheaply, and it came with italian menu setting.

Found wierdly litlle options in menu, and while fiddling with it, out of curiosity,
    turned the option "BLOCK THE BUTTONS" ON.

Now I can not acess the menu anymore, can use VOL and CH controls on remote, change inputs and all, but cant access the menu, neither from remote or TV-button. When I try, it says "blocked".

Any insight on this or curiosity killed the cat
    stay classy

Re: philips 32hf7875/10 blocked?

turn that setting off

Comment

I can NOT acess menu anymore....
      stay classy

Comment

The user manual indicates you need a special "Setup Remote Control" to be able to turn the button lock off.

The setup remote control is green. P/N RC2573.

Maybe you can change the language, too, if you have the setup remote control.

Comment

Nice

Maybe that´is why it was cheap in the first place.
          I do not speak Italian, but I am sure there was also no search programs and similar options in the menu. Only picture, sound, and this option I have used so cleverly.

Can anyone confirm that I have to buy one more remote for TV to work properly, aside of having one already?

Thanks
          stay classy

Comment

Did a google research.
            As far as I can figure out, these SETUP remotes for Philips are simply remotes that can be SET UP for various devices (via codes)?

But someone had to stumble upon these issues?
            stay classy

Comment

Possibly this TV was made for the hotel market, which locks the menu because the hotel obviously doesn't want the guests playing around with the menu settings.

Comment

Yeah, possibly. However, I had menu unlocked when I got it. And I can still change inputs, channels, volume, and other stuff. Only since I fiddled with settings it says blocked.
                stay classy

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
                  Yeah, possibly. However, I had menu unlocked when I got it. And I can still change inputs, channels, volume, and other stuff. Only since I fiddled with settings it says blocked.
                  That model was designed for hotels and other hospitality organizations. It's probable it was unlocked before resale - or never locked at all. The setup remote controls are available for cheap on eBay and Amazon. Maybe you can borrow one from a local hotel that uses them. 32" is small enough to bring with you.

Comment

Thanks, I am going to order one and give it a try.

Will post results for future reference, many thanks guys!
                    stay classy

Comment

Here is an update for reference of others in need:

There is an option in TV menu which sets security level to STANDARD/HIGH.

When STANDARD, you can use a special code for your TV (Google) and unlock it.

When HIGH, you MUST HAVE setup remote control, no workaround.

What I did is that I simply locked keys on TV which I could by then use to acess the GUEST version of the menu with only couple of options. Would have to find setup R/C anyways.
                      Now, hopefully I will order the right one from the first try.

Thanks all
                      stay classy

Comment

try from the remote 3 1 9 7 5 3 mute
                        that is one of the codes that will get you into the hospitality menu from there you can change security
                        I had 100 motel tvs donated to where i work and philips gave me this info

Comment

Working...
                        X