Samsung LN40B500P3 White lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN40B500P3 White lines

I have this TV which I picked up, shut off immediately. Found someone had got in there and broke a lamp, so replaced the lamp. Now the TV comes on and stays on, but the panel looks like it has white lines. The lines shift around as I press the menu/input buttons, but no visible intelligence on the screen. Is this a bad panel? The Tcon looks visibly in good condition and I measured the voltages as asymptotically rising /falling from Vgamma1->Vgamma18.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN40B500P3 White lines

If you unplug half the tcon do you get an image and vice versa.

It's probably a bad panel, but you could check the AVDD, VONE, VGL, VOFFE voltages.

Comment

I would agree, the panel is bad. Sorry.
      If they broke a lamp maybe they tore a tab bond or chipped the glass.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I agree too Bad Panel

Comment

I was ready to junk the tv, but noticed there was one red vertical line to the extreme right of the screen. Pressing the tab bond just at that location in a certain way caused the image to come on. I fixed it by seating a small piece of nylon pipe. It must have broken loose during the lamp change. Anyway mystery solved and tv saved.

Comment

Working...
          X