pioneer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pioneer help

thanks for the info. ive talked to him about my problem and he didnt say anything about having some parts, guess i can just ask though.

Comment

i thought i was right there too with the help from tom when i was trying to fix mine but thats all that happened was i got close to fixing it! i didn't want to put any money into it like replace boards etc. i just wanted to find the exact problem but never did. i don't think they even make tv's anymore thankfully. thats probably why cause they suck! not that other tv's don't suck too but they are easier to fix!

Comment

When your sets came on grey screen then shut off did they both have solid red/blue lights or flashing codes until next attempt at power on ?

Comment

he never said what model it was just that it was a pioneer....

Comment

mine was solid both red and blue almost like i never reset it at all

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
              When your sets came on grey screen then shut off did they both have solid red/blue lights or flashing codes until next attempt at power on ?
              solid red/blue the whole time. ill plug it in and the red light on the main board isnt on the red/blue lights are on. ill enter the remote code the tv clicks turns grey, clicks again and turns black then the red light on the main board will stay on.

Comment

yeah thats exactly what mine did

Comment

it's like it wants to and tries to reset the error but it just keeps coming back

Comment

did you replace your PSU or did you just get it to try to fix it? the reason i ask is because i did replace mine and at first the blue light would blink 13 times so my dad and i checked the voltage like mmartell said but when i went to show my dad what it was doing i realized the the blue and red lights were staying on like they should but i never did anything to it between those times it was like 4 days or so

Comment

Are those voltages present on P8 right now ? They shouldn't be as they are switched on by the mainboard so that's something to follow up right there.

Comment

i never replaced the power supply

Comment

yea the connector labeled P8 the 4(i think) pins that should be 5.1v but are reading 3.4v. thats part of the output, correct? theres really only one input on the PSU. im sorry im not following what youre saying. P8 is connect to the mainboard

Comment

Basically the PSU should only have 1 voltage when powered off... 5v standby. As the main board is what sends the signal for the PSU to switch on there should be no voltage except that 1 unless the power button is pressed.

Comment

hmmm. i only measured with the power on..... im confused though, the ac cord leads to the trap swithch which in turns leads to the PSU then to everything else. so wouldnt everything coming out of the PSU besides the one blue and brown wire be output?

Comment

that mainboard looks exactly like mine even though mine is a 5070pu

Comment

i think the wires from the power button go to the mainboard

Comment

Well kind off... for example the PS_ON pin would be an input.. Main sends >2.5v signal to PS_ON to switch it on.

What mmartell is getting at is that when the set powers itself down all the voltages should drop off.... but they are not, So the set isn't actually powered down

Comment

Has the main been disconnected and the PSU forced on at all guys?

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                                        Has the main been disconnected and the PSU forced on at all guys?
                                        how would i go about doing that?

Comment

jumper the ps-on with 5vstb

Comment

Working...
                                          X