pioneer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pioneer help

Your PSU is putting out 3.4v where it should be 5.1v that is not "putting out the voltage it should".

He can't reset the trap switch fault because he can't enter factory mode.

It IS possible you are not entering the keystrokes exactly right.

@phillies fan I saw you had another thread with a Pio what ever happened in your case ?

@suburu my fans do NOT come on after power up. They are likely temp controlled. The motherboard is covered by an input board so nothing can be seen behind it.

Comment

ill call some shops around town tomorrow and see how much they charge to simply enter in a code. if its too much guess ill have to take a loss. or another gamble with trying to buy a main board. theres only those 3 maybe 4 wires that are reading 3.4 where it should be 5.1. damn this tv

Comment

If you used the cadence I told you about to enter the codes it should have worked. That being said with a non-genuine remote we can't even be sure that the display button isn't mapped to the info button, which would of course would not work. Do you know of a Pioneer tv anywhere you could practice on ?
        Last edited by mmartell; 12-18-2013, 11:25 PM. Reason: little goddamn smartphone keys

Comment

mine would let me reset it but then it would go right back into the trap switch fault and never let me enter the factory mode just a repeating problem which was caused by the mainboard i believe. it would reset but would go right back even with the trap switch jumpered.i didn't want to put any more time into it and didn't think it was worth putting any money into it.

Comment

nope, ive even asked all my friends on facebook if they had one i could check with and no luck. its a pioneer brand and is the same exact model that came with the tv if that helps at all.

Comment

Originally posted by philliesfan30m View Post
              mine would let me reset it but then it would go right back into the trap switch fault and never let me enter the factory mode just a repeating problem which was caused by the mainboard i believe. it would reset but would go right back even with the trap switch jumpered.i didn't want to put any more time into it and didn't think it was worth putting any money into it.
              Did you hold the "Ok" button for five seconds until the message popped up on screen "Factory settings have been restored..." ?

Comment

Originally posted by subarufreek View Post
                nope, ive even asked all my friends on facebook if they had one i could check with and no luck. its a pioneer brand and is the same exact model that came with the tv if that helps at all.
                Earlier you said it was a "replica" ?

Comment

i just went back and saw what you posted and when i reset the trap switch the screen would come on for a few seconds but never let me get to factory mode. i would say it is your mainboard

Comment

ive never gotten the tv to stay on so i can see anything on the screen. all i can see that the screen is working is it turning like a gray color when i hear the relay click but then it turns back to black.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                      Earlier you said it was a "replica" ?
                      well a replica of what came with the tv. its not the one that was purchased with the tv.

Comment

well damn, the last cheap mainboard for my tv just sold. not going to pay over $100 for just the board. unless i can luck out and find someone on here or some other forum.

Comment

the screen wouldn't stay up long enough for anything to be posted on it before it went back to the trap switch fault

Comment

the screen wouldn't stay up long enough for anything to be posted on it before it went back to the trap switch fault
                            sounds exactly like what mine is doing

Comment

thats exactly what mine did it showed a grey screen then went black

Comment

but you just said forget it and didnt mess with it anymore?

Comment

i stayed up for days messing with that tv before i said to hell with it!

Comment

i tried everything but replace the mainboard because the cheapest 1 i saw was over 100 dollars and i didn't think it was worth it and it was given to me and i had enough tv's just didn't have a plasma and wanted 1 just for the hell of it

Comment

i stayed up for days messing with that tv before i said to hell with it!
                                      yea, im in the same boat but i feel like im like right on the edge of figuring it out and its bugging me to death. not to mention i only have about $100 in it.

Comment

if i remember correctly tom66 said he was messing with a pioneer too and he said it is still in his shed i don't remember what model etc. but he didn't fix his either. i am not sure but i think he said that. i don't remember what the problem was with his or if he said he just said he didn't mess with it and was gonna use it for parts or something

Comment

yea, there was one last main board i found for $75 and it just sold on ebay today. wish i wouldve bought it then, now the cheapest one i can find is $175 and theres no way im going to take that gamble. i also still have until the 26th to possibly return this PSU

Comment

Working...
                                          X