pioneer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pioneer help

oh ok, gotcha. can you talk me through inserting a jumper wire?

Comment

Remove the connector from the switch. The connector should have two wires - insert both ends of a short wire into the exposed contacts.

Comment

thats it?

Comment

Lol that's it but all we're doing here is making the switch appear closed at all times to the micro. There is no magic and the set still needs to be factory reset.

We are just taking the trap switch out of the equation. You can try to reset it after you install the jumper - if the tv comes on you have a bad switch. If it doesn't you have another problem(s). Truth is your trap switch is very likely good.

Comment

ok, well let me try this, did you ever find out if the red light on the main board is supposed to stay on. i looked around online for about 2 hours today and couldnt find anything on it.

Comment

put a jumper on the small brown and blue wire, right?
              Attached Files

Comment

ok, heres what i did and same results as before.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok so ypur trap switch is good. I am embarrassed to say I put my set back together tonight without observing the mainboard light but the fan behaviour will be easy enough to see.

Comment

if im not mistaken you should be able to see some sort of red light coming from the back, i know yours is a different model but you should be able to see through the vent holes.

Comment

It's possible. I will have a look tomorrow as I am not at home.

Comment

ok, also look at the fan and see if the turns on as soon as the tv gets turned on, i have another fan that i know works just got to wire it in if thats the case.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

I downloaded the SM.

You made reference earlier to low voltages. Was that on connector P8 by any chance ? That could be the source of your troubles as the 12v and 5.1v lines on that connector feed the failed reset lines throwing the 13 blink error code. And if the 12v reads 12volts that leaves the 5.1v reading 3.4v

Comment

yes, it is P8. but its not throwing any blinks anymore. just solid red and blue lights, when i first put the new PSU in it did the 13 blue blinks, i checked it a few times and they are just staying lit all the time now. any clues as to what to do next?

Comment

We are kind of at chicken-or-egg stage. You have a fault for which you cannot clear because the set won't boot properly. If you could clear the fault the set might throw the fault related to why it won't boot properly, but of course you can't cause it won't boot properly. Lol.

I still think it's related to the voltages on P8. Do you have an esr meter ? Have a look at the caps in the vicinity of the P8 connector on the PSU.

Comment

im sure my dad does. ill get with him and see and let you know. any chance i could just be entering the code wrong all the time? would it be worth trying to call a shop and see if they can just attempt to enter in the factory mode from the service wire or something?

Comment

pioneer tv's suck! you probably aren't putting the reset code in properly it has to be timed properly for it to reset it. you have to do it exactly right or it won't reset. i had a 5070 and it was a pain in the ass. you do have the original remote right?

Comment

and if the red light on the mainboard stays on i think that means their is a fault i don't think the red light should be on

Comment

yea i have a replica pioneer brand remote. i dont think its supposed to stay on either but i would think it would give some sort of error code and not just have the red and blue lights lit to tell me that its the trap switch. im just leaning towards a bad main board because it WAS blinking 13 times and the SM told me that may be the main board or PSU and with the PSU putting out the voltage that it should.

Comment

it won't throw an error until you reset the trap switch. i think you are probably right about the mainboard being bad they made them to be thrown away and replaced with a new board. i don't even think they are worth putting the money and time into in my opinion but thats up to you. can you get it to reset the trap switch fault?

Comment

Working...
                                          X