• Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone!!
    I'came across this forum while searching for a bios file to help a friend

Comment

Hello all,

I'm Jeff from Northants in the UK. I'm an amateur Hi-Fi restorer and found this site while researching for replacement components.

Looks like I've a lot of reading to do!

cheers
      Jeff

Comment

Hello everyone.

Forum looks good and very informative...

Comment

Hi i am calling myself Eustace on here and registered in order to get the HP NBDMIFIT tool in order to setup an HP EliteBook 2570p I just installed a new motherboard in because the old one fittingly enough had some burnt out caps on. Place looks interesting so I will no doubt be back once I get this thing working properly.

Comment

Hello, my name is Alex, i'm 44 years old, i'm airplane pilot and i'm studying electronics.

I'm from Brazil and I'm here to learn and do something in my power to contribute.

Thanks

Comment

Hi. Tim Here. Just like to be able to fix electronics instead of trash and replace them.

Comment

Hello All,
                Name Is alec, I am a student and will be interning for Tesla Soon.
                my first rig was an old dell
                current rig is a custom one
                and I move Alot.

Comment

Hi to all, my name is Steve. I've been at this since the days of EAM(electronic accounting machines), literally wiring boards!!. I'm a retired software engineer but love building custom PC's. and repairing friends.

Comment

Hello there,

I'm wdg, an IT technician from Spain looking for some help when my limited knowledge on electronics can't reach to solve some problems.

Hope, however, I can help someone here .

Comment

Hi, My name is John.
                      I have been in Electronics for as long as i can remember ( and that's a long time !) I worked for various TV rental companies before starting my own business in 1982. Now i am semi retired but still keeping my hand in as the saying goes.

Comment

Hi, new user here.

ASUS GL502VS-DS71 owner here with a possible borked bios. Not an advanced tech but I have bought a CH341a programmer but can't find a bios that will let me post.

Comment

Hi all
                          Mikael here. I working om my boys macbook pro late 2013.
                          SSD harddisk disappeared, tried new m.2 with no lock.
                          Searched the web and ended up here.
                          Hope it is the right forum to join.

Comment

I'm Bob.
                            I found this forum looking for a Ford pcm transistor solution.
                            Still looking...

Comment

hi, joined here to get a schematic / boardview for a dead laptop, that i salvaged from the dumpster (yes, i'm a dumpster diver). i like to fix computers in my spare time, and collect too. oldest machine i currently have is an IBM PS/2 model 56, with a whopping 80mb harddrive!.. anyway, i'm a gamer too, and i've been messing with pc's most of my life.

in the recent years i've been doing a bit more of component level repair (stuff that at least can be done with a regular iron.)

i've known about this place for years, only now i decided to get registered here.

Comment

Hi
                                Alimash here
                                I am an electronics technician with a little bit of experience (a few months).
                                I opened a repair shop recently and counting on you guys to help me😉
                                Though i graduated with a good grade i think the practical experience is the most important.
                                Programing microcontroller is nice but the market in my region is all about hardware maintenance😑
                                I hope in the future i can be a giver more than a taker
                                Ps:excuse the grammar mistakes😁

Comment

Servus, i'm registered - my RAM is not

Comment

Hi all. Retired electronics tech, but I still do guitar and vintage audio repair. I used to do computer repair in the "old" days, but the new stuff is beyond me. Looks like a cool place with some nice resources. I hope I can contribute something here.

Artie

Comment

hey, thee8ball here. I have been around this game for a long time but I am here looking for help fixing my led tv. I actually bought a replacement at costco but I'm determined to fix my broken vizio e600-b3. I have determined that it may me the power board as the 4 - 27 volt pins on the pcb are all 0 volts. I installed I 'new' power boards from tvpartsguy.com, installed it and I still get 0 volts on the same 27 volt pins - even with the 2 cables detached which lead to the main board.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi to all members, I have joined this forum after reading quite a few post's and find there is a lot of knowledge I can tap into. I live in Hampshire in the UK, retired and like to mess around with all sorts of things to pass the time. I have repaired a few electronic things in the past and now have a TV that needs repairing, I will be asking questions soon.

Comment

Hi to all members. Thanks for letting me join this site. I like to keep up to date with the latest tech, so this site will be perfect for me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X