Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook A1466 trackpad flash ROM burned

Hello

Trackpad and keyboard not working... a close up shows this IC (: Serial Flash memory) burned

Is it a direct replacement job after buy? or it needs to be programmed after... since it is a flash menory...?
    Maybe available in another donor motherboard non apple, even if it is not same size package? i
    I do not want to replace whole trackpad.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by marce002; 04-21-2021, 05:40 PM.
    Marcelo J

Re: Macbook A1466 trackpad flash ROM burned

While we have not studied the track pad design...this flash memory component will contain some firmware code.

This code is the local operating system for the embedded stand alone track pad design. As you use the track pad, the track pad module streams out the x,y coordinates of your touch actions to the main logic board.

Best to source another working track pad but you may get lucky to clone the chip but will need some work.

The trackpads get damaged easily due liquid spills, etc.

Believe the trackpads are about $30.

Comment

Thanks i will do... but in the meantime remember this left me with no keyboard too and the problem is that it can work perfect with external usb genius mouse and keyboard kit but it is Extremally slow! I know this happens when no keyboard is not connected because no thermal feedback is sent back ( i think).. but in my case how can i bypass this to have full speed ?? maybe resistor R5290 and R5291 ? ( the cpu is normal and cool for sure).. thanks
      Last edited by marce002; 04-22-2021, 08:03 AM.
      Marcelo J

Comment

removed r5410 to leave the u5410 without vdd but same results..spin increasing until too fast. thanks
        Marcelo J

Comment

ok by now just removed the offending chip from trackpad and the problem is solved... of course no working trackpad but CPU and fan works fine now
          Marcelo J

Comment

Working...
          X