Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma ST50 TC-P55ST50 P55ST50 8 blinks

Hello,
    My Oct 2012 panny plasma quit working yesterday.
    It was on when it happened. It let out a bit of burned plastic/circuit board smell. I was not able to find any burned parts though.
    Now it produces 8 blinks. According to the repair manual, that points to SS/SS2 board(s).
    I completed the steps in the guide: unplugged SS33, the TV turned on with a black screen, no blinking codes. Then I checked the continuity between pins 1 and 2 of the connectors SS52, SS54-SS57. The continuity is ok in all of them. Guide suggests to replace SS/SS2 boards so I placed an order for them, TNPA5670AE/TXNSS1REUU and TNPA5532.

I will update once I receive them. If you have any other suggestion on what else to check while I am waiting for the boards, please let me know.

What I noticed, when turning on the TV, before the regular relay click, there is a short screeching/squealing noise from the P board. I did not notice it previously. Guide says that with SS11 disconnected (for example, no power from the P board to the SS board), there will be 8 blinks as well. With SS33 disconnected, SC board has green led light on, so I assume it is fine and it is not the one causing 8 blinks.

I attached the snapshots from the guide I used.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nick31; 04-21-2021, 11:00 AM.

Re: Panasonic Plasma ST50 TC-P55ST50 P55ST50 8 blinks

Ok so today i replaced P board and that was it.
    Looking closer at the old P board, i noticed burned up capacitor c107. I attached the pictures. Before replacing this capacitor, is there anything else i should check?
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Panasonic Plasma ST50 TC-P55ST50 P55ST50 8 blinks

Check the mosfets tucked under the heatsink next to the burnt snubber capacitor C107
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
      X