X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there,
    Thanks for all the help in the past. Lots of reading... first time "speaking".
    Howd I do?

I have some TV stands I need help with... stay tuned.

Thanks again... Ian

Comment

hmmmmm.....

Comment

Hello!

I want to say how excellent this site has been for a beginner like me. I have years of experience in IT/networking/building PCs, but have never taken a TV apart. These forums and the users who post have given me the knowledge and confidence to crack open my (barely) out of warranty TV and take a look around.

Thank you and here's to learning!

Comment

Hello, my name is Robert.

Comment

Hello, my name is Robert.

Comment

Hi! My name Is Ankan and I'm new here, this seems to be a pretty awesome site for rookies (like myself) to dig a bit deeper in electronics. I look forward to share your expertise.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm 2tank from Girard, PA (Near Erie). I've been working on electronics for a few years now, since high school. I'm going to be graduating college as an electrical and computer engineer in a year so I'm still on the learning curve. I've had some experience with "newer" things like lcds and motherboards but my main area of expertise is vintage stereo equipment. New interests and more broken devices have ushered me along into wanting/needing to fix a fair amount of lcd tv's recently, so I thought it would be an excellent resource to pool knowledge and get help.

I'll be looking forward to all the "inside facts" and am always ready to learn something new.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone! I've come in search of some help to fix the power supply on a Magavox LCD. I'm looking forward to learning some basic trouble shooting and repair and with any luck, maybe get this thing working again. Thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

New member here. I hope to learn a lot.

Comment

Hey, I'm new here too! I am attempting to repair my Vizio. Picked up a 42 for $20 that turns on...somewhat. Lets see if we can get this all fixed up!. Luckily i know how to use a meter and even know what EIR/PIE is...not to mention have designed and built a few circuits....hopefully this will help me!
                      Thanks and hope to talk to you all soon!

Comment

Hi, I am a new member here, I try to learn fixing component level laptop, I do expected a lot of expert technicians will help me out. Hope to talk to you soon. Thanks

Comment

Hey guys!

I´m new in this forum and @ BADCAPS. I was stepping over this community while searching the web for a ROCKTRON VELOCITY 300 schematics back from the 90´s.

I´m 42 years now and have a fam. plus two children. I´ve learned electromechanics in Germany and now I´m about to repair my guitar amp by myself and with the help of some of you guys. Maybe it´ll work out...

C Ya!

Joe

Comment

In trying to save an IBM L200p (6736-HC9) monitor from being dumped in the recycle bucket I came upon this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=6736-HC9. The rest is already history. I was amazed at the wealth og info.

Having done my BSc in electronics and computer interfacing I do have the theoritical background and some practical training. But that was almost 30 years ago. Life has taken me into other paths: Computer Systems Administration.

For those of you that are licensed hams, I have recently gotten my license, 5B4ANK and discovered that my old TS180 power supply is misbehaving before actually doing any real work. Most probably needs re-capping. What a concidence!! 73 to all.

Comment

new member . Hope can contribute in the help section. No computer knowledge to think of. We did not have computers in my day . Just tried to keep abrest of the modern electronics world. FROSTY

Comment

Hi all my name is frank stumbled upon this community as i was looking for info to fix my little shutttle.Being frugal and economically challenged i tend to try to fix things myself .Haveing succeded in the past with just dumb luck ,im confident that with actual information ive found on this site,I wont have to spend too much resurrecting that little shuttle .Thanks guys

Comment

hello colleagues
                                  I´m new in this forum
                                  it is great forum
                                  I'm 43 years old and i studied electronics in my younger
                                  i works in this field about 25 years
                                  i think i am professional in tv repairing so i can make some help here
                                  crt.lcd.plasma
                                  we can fix any problem in crt about lcd and plasma no problems about
                                  psu and inverter the hard things also get from the main board
                                  i have many tools programmers we need for eeprom .flash memory
                                  etc and we make success day by day i hope we share informations
                                  files and documents
                                  sorry for my bad english it is the second language for me
                                  I am Egyptian
                                  thanks to admin
                                  and all the best for all
                                  regards

Comment

hello everybody, , great forum...

Comment

Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I've come here in search of help in fixing a PN42A400C2D which shows no picture. I initially registered to see the attachments but am posting here so I might be able to start my own thread after not being able to fix my set with existing threads.

Comment

charles frost

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                        I am an old tech. hoping to maybe give some insight in the repair world. I am limited to home electronics but not much on computers. I sure am not going to qualifie by putting the # of units I repaired because over the span of 52 yrs I lost count.I have kept up with modern electronics and enjoy the tech. forum of repair insite. FROSTY

Comment

Hello!
                                          Nice to see you again ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X