Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LA32R71B Picture Issue

Hi,

I have a Samsung LA32R71B 32" LCD TV, it works great, however, sometimes, the image is getting distorted as seen in the photo below. However, I can easily fix it by gently tapping on the right lower side of the back of the TV.
    From what I can see from photos and videos, that's where the power supply on this TV is.

Can anyone point me out in the right direction to fix this issue?
    The fact that it is intermittent and that can be fixed by a tap at the back gives me hope that it's not a serious issue and that the TV can be saved and fixed.

Thanks!

The issue when it manifests:

The label with the model of the TV:
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LA32R71B Picture Issue

Take the back cover off, check all cable and ribbon connections, maybe clean the connectors with some isoprophyl alcohol if that and re-seating the connectors doesnt work, take powerboard out and check the solder joints on the underside, never force off a connector or cable, youtube is your friend for how to videos. can google images of bad solder joints if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Take the back cover off.
      Thanks for the help!

I was thinking, could this be a faulty capacitor in the power supply?
      I've seen that on this particular model, the only thing installed on that side is the power supply unit.

Comment

I don't know, maybe try heating up the capacitors on the powerboard with a hairdryer, see if the image clears up if only for a bit.

Comment

The issue is not permanent, the TV works fine for days and then starts to act up, but one gentle tap on the right back side and it's back to working fine for days.

Comment

It sounds like you may have an issue with the tab bonding at that location to the panel from the panel circuit board if a tap at the edge of the panel resolves the issue.

Fitting a shim may solve this issue. A search of the forum will give more information.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
              it sounds like you may have an issue with the tab bonding at that location to the panel from the panel circuit board if a tap at the edge of the panel resolves the issue.

Fitting a shim may solve this issue. A search of the forum will give more information.
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                It sounds like you may have an issue with the tab bonding
                It's not at the edge of the panel, it's more like on the lower back side of the TV, right around where the power supply is. At this point i'm just trying to figure out what could be wrong and if I can fix it.

Hoping it is either a connector that is not seated properly anymore or a capacitor that is on it's last days.

Comment

Working...
                X